The Front Porch
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! SO WHY EVEN BOTHER HAVING A BEST OFFER OPTION?

Hey, sellers! Why do some of you give a "best offer" option with your listings, when you seemingly have no intention of even WANTING a best offer to be made? If you're selling something for $100 for example, and the only best offer that you will take...

Resolved! The most elaborate eBay/Paypal scam I ever fell for

So I had my first eBay auction this week. I was auctioning off a piece of original artwork that was handmade by myself. I got one offer by the end of the auction so I messaged the buyer to congratulate him and get his payment, address, etc. We start ...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

SCAMS committed by eBay Sellers

Be a wise buyer. Learn how to avoid seller scams: Scammers are on the lookout for unsuspecting eBay buyers. Novice buyers are especially susceptible to being scammed. As a buyer, there are a few things that you should always do: Buy only from sellers...

be-scam-smart.gif

At What Rate Are Dissatisfied Sellers Leaving Ebay for other Sites?

This is not a figure that ebay would release publicly, of course, but one has to wonder what percentage of dissatisfied sellers are leaving ebay and placing their items on other sites and how quickly this is occuring? Has the MASS EXODUS begun yet or...

User avatar by Guide
  • 194 replies
  • 17 helpful

Why did I sell on ebay?

Haven't really ever sold much on Ebay but just recently started. Had a few sales of the same product go off without a hitch but the Ebay Fees wipe away any profit. Now I'm dealing with what I presume is a scammer and I'm about to get scammed the good...

How To Block Buyers/Bidders With Zero Feedback On Ebay

Found a partial solution. Go to Buyer Requirements when you are creating your listing or change it in your site preferences, checkmark the "Have bid on or bought my items within the last 10 days and met my limit...." change it to "1" and then change ...

1.JPG
User avatar by Scout
  • 64 replies
  • 23 helpful

Rural Sellers are pleased with ebay!

I recently went to a meeting with local sellers who own a B&M but, also sell on Ebay. We are all rural and have many of the same issues of running a B&M in small towns. We have a meeting about every 6 months. Due to Covid, we did not have an "end of ...

bad buyers

so scammers still getting away with lying I had a video on the item I sold the women opens a case saying it was sold broke so I send her vid then she comes back with could have been broke in mail which no way I had it foam wrapped and bubble wrap wit...

received negative feedback as seller but unable to leave a negative feedback for buyer

I sold an authentic brand new designer wallet. shipped on time and buyer received the item on time. First she claimed item was not authentic. I assured her it was authentic and if she has any doubts she can take it to any authorized retailer to valid...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay-Paypal's New 21-Day Hold on Funds

Last night I received a disturbing Paypal payment, it was definately different. The email said in part... "You've received a payment....blah blah blah... We’ve placed a temporary hold on the funds for this transaction...blah blah blah....We’ll releas...

Fake paypal payment scam

Someone attempted to scam me on a sale today. I received emails from "paypal" that linked back to an aol.com address and the money never showed up in eBay or PayPal.The emails said I would need to send the item before the funds would be released. SCA...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 32 replies
  • 15 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.