To post your photos on eBay’s discussion boards:
1. Resize your digital photo or image to be under 600 pixels wide, the maximum post width.
Photos over 600 pixels wide will not show the entire image.
For example, a photo 640 pixels wide will be cropped 40 pixels on the right side.
For help with how to resize, see the Help system for your photo program or photo host.
Tutorial on preparing photos for eBay: http:/
2. Sign up for an online photo host and follow their instructions to upload your photo.
Some online photo hosts are free, like Photobucket.com or Tinypic.com.
Most have editing functions, so you can also resize the photo after you upload it.
3. On the eBay discussion board, click New Topic or Reply to open a Post box.
4. There are three different ways to post a photo:
A. Insert/Edit Image
- Go to your photo host and copy the entire URL or the Direct Link code for the photo.
- In the eBay Post box, click the tree photo icon (Insert/edit image).
- Paste the code in the Image URL box and click Insert.
The URL code looks like this:
You may have to experiment to find the right code to use from your photo host.
- In Tinypic, copy the Direct Link for Layouts code.
- In Picasaweb, click Link and Image Only, then copy the Embed Image code.
- In Photobucket, copy the Direct Link code.
To find the codes, hover your mouse over a photo to see a code list.
Left-click the code to automatically copy it.
B. HTML Coding
- Go to your photo host and copy the entire HTML code for the photo.
- In the eBay Post box, click the HTML icon (Edit HTML Source).
- Paste the code in the HTML Source Editor and click Update.
The HTML code looks like this:
C. Copy/Paste or Drag & Drop Image (this does not work for everyone)
- Go to your photo host and open the photo to the full-size view (max. 600 pixels).
- Right-click the image and select Copy.
- Paste the photo in the eBay Post box.
Drag & drop or copy/paste keyboard shortcuts will not work in all browsers.
Firefox users can drag & drop a photo from the online host to the eBay Post box.
5. Click Preview to check your post, then click Go Back/Edit or Post.
You're welcome to click Reply and use this thread for practice.