Ask Griff Thread Posting Tips & Guidelines
- If you have a question about an eBay feature or policy, feel free to post it to this current month's Ask Griff thread.
- It can take several days for me to post responses to questions (see above). If your question or issue requires timely assistance, you should direct it to Customer Support. (Click the Contact Us link). You can also email your questions, account issues, etc to me at firstname.lastname@example.org (using your regular email service, not My Messages). Include the phrase: "Ask Griff Thread Question" in the subject line and provide the User ID you wish to associate with the question as a "by" line. (For the thread, no anonymous posts please).
- Please only post here using an active eBay selling ID as opposed to a dedicated posting ID (an eBay account and ID used solely for posting on eBay Discussion Boards). Posts using what is clearly a posting ID will be deleted without response.
- Limit your post to no more than three specific, non rhetorical questions on a single topic that is directly related to selling on eBay. Use separate posts for separate topics and their questions, limited to one post per day. This is a new requirement for posting and I didn't come to it lightly. However, given the unavoidable reality of time and resourse constraints under which I currently find myself, I must ask for your cooperation with this new "rule." Thanks.
- When in doubt, summarize.
- I answer posts in groups roughly 50 (give or take 10). Depending on the volume of posts, I may close the thread temporarily after about 50 or so posts to provide time for me to compile answers. If the thread is locked, I may open it for a new session (unlock the thread) after I have posted a response post. If posting volume is slow, I will keep the thread open between responses.
- A response post will contain all of the previous questions and my responses in one, single (and long!) post. Once a response post is uploaded, I will delete all of the original posts (to save space and avoid duplication). If a post is not deleted, it is because I am waiting on more information and input before creating a response.
- If your posted question is not included in a response post, then your post:
- contained a question that was answered in a recently-posted group of responses, or....
- was primarily editorial, or commentary in nature or a conversation between two posters, or...
- contained only rhetorical questions, or...
- violated the general eBay Discussion Forum Rules and Policies. (For example, posts asking about deleted posts will, per the discussion forum general posting rules, be deleted without response.) or...
- requires more input from an eBay team or employee prior to a response. (If your post is still displaying after I have posted a response thread, then this is the reason it. Once I have the information needed, I will post a response.)
To conserve space (and your patience), I have moved the Ask Griff FAQ and Helpful Links here. Happy Holidays, Griff Jim Griffith ______________ eBay Inc
Griff _________________ eBay