Ask Griff Thread Posting Tips & Guidelines
- If you have a question about an eBay feature or policy, feel free to post it on the current month's Ask Griff thread located at the top of the Seller Central Discussion Board. (This Ask Griff Discussion Board for now, contains only archived threads from previous months. Read them for information.)
- If your question or issue requires timely assistance, you should direct it to Customer Support. (Click the Contact Us link). You can also email your questions, account issues, etc to me at firstname.lastname@example.org (using your regular email service, not My Messages). Include the phrase: "Ask Griff Thread Question" in the subject line and provide the User ID you wish to associate with the question as a "by" line. (no anonymous posts please).
- Please only post here using an active eBay selling ID as opposed to a dedicated posting ID (an eBay account and ID used solely for posting on eBay Discussion Boards). Posts using what is clearly a posting ID will be deleted without response.
- Make sure your post contains no more than three specific, non rhetorical questions on a single topic that is directly related to selling on eBay. Use separate posts for separate topics and their questions, limited to three posts per session. When in doubt, summarize.
- A “session” consists of approximately 50 posts. Depending on the volume of posts, I may close a session (lock the thread) temporarily after about 50 or so posts to provide time for me to compile answers. I will open a new session (unlock the thread) after I have posted a response post. If posting volume is slow, I will keep the thread open between responses.
- A response post will contain all of the previous questions and my responses in one, single (and long!) post. Once a response post is uploaded, I will delete the original posts (to save space and avoid duplication). If a post is not deleted, it is because I am waiting on more information and input before creating a response.
- If your posted question is not included in a response post, your question or post was either: answered in a previously posted group of responses; primarily editorial, or commentary in nature or a conversation between two posters; contained only rhetorical questions; requires more input from an eBay team or employee prior to a response; or violated the general eBay Discussion Forum Rules and Policies. For example, posts asking about deleted posts will, per the discussion forum general posting rules, be deleted without response.
- If your posted question is still posted in its original post after a list of responses has been posted, it means I am still waiting for needed input or information and will answer it in a subsequent response post once I have received the information needed.
- All posted suggestions will be forwarded to the appropriate teams for their consideration.
Helpful LinksThe following are links to information on eBay regarding topics currently of interest to sellers. Please take a moment to read through them. Also, you may find an answer to your question there. In addition, read through previous Ask Griff threads. Your question may have been previously asked and answered there.
- Upcoming First Five Listings Free Pricing Fee Schedule and FAQ
- Picture Manager Retirement (date changed to January 2010)
- a href=http://pages.ebay.com/sell/newitempage/index.html> New Item Page Information (Note: All the seller-facing links like Relist, Sell Similar, Mark as Shipped, Revise, etc will be added back to the closed and current views of New Item Page in early July. In addition, Store Category list will also be added back to the New Item page around the same time.)
- News for Sellers in Books, Movies & DVDs, Music and Video Games
- eBay Bucks Beta Program Terms and FAQ.
- Seller Update April 2009 Annoucement, Overview, Details, and FAQ. In addition, you might want to read through the April 14th Discussion Forums with common Seller News questions and answers about all topics announced on April 14th including Resolution and Tracking.
- Feedback Removal and Withdrawal Policy
- Detailed Seller Ratings.
- And finally, to report a problem with a buyer (feedback abuse, feedback extortion, Unpaid Item, etc), go to the Resolving Problems reporting hub page. This is the page where you can file an Unpaid Item Report, a report of possible Feedback Abuse or Extortion, or any other problem you as a seller, need to report to eBay.
Griff _________________ eBay