Welcome to the PGP (Pottery, Glass and Porcelain) Board where many knowledgeable people are waiting to help you. Some are collectors, some are eBay sellers, some are antique dealers, and some are authors in special areas.
What follows are a few things that make asking for help more productive and will hopefully result in you getting the assistance you need. We look forward to helping you and appreciate your help with the process.
Before posting a request for help, read through a few posts to get an idea of how this Board works. If you've never posted a photo, you should also read the Directions for Posting Photos pinned at the top of the Board.
HELP US HELP YOU:
1. Put either Glass or Pottery in your title - you want the people with that background to look at your question.
2. Your title should give a brief description of your item - Instead of "Glass please ID," you could say "Cut Glass Bud Vase - Pattern ID?"
3. It is okay to put 4 -5 items in your question, (Please keep pottery and glass questions separate.) Number your items for easy reference.
4. Include measurements of the item in your description. We need to know size, including height, diameter and, for a glasses and/or pitchers, the number of ounces it holds when filled to the rim. Fill with water to the point of overflowing, then pour into a measuring cup.
5. Pictures - Important
Instructions for posting pictures are in a separate thread at the top of the page.
Take a full picture of the item straight on, not looking down at it.
Take a picture of the bottom. Whether marked or not, the bottom can tell us a lot about an item.
The Attach a Photo (paperclip icon) allows you to post only 2 pictures at a time, but you can add more photos by using the Reply feature in your post. Please do not start a new thread to add pictures.
Photo files should be no larger than 100 KB. Crop off any empty background and resize to 600X600 or less, (640x480 on some hosts) eBay recommends 400x400.
You can add links - but you need to know many people on the board will not click links.
6. If you do not get an answer, type the word "BUMP" into the reply box. This will bring your question back up to the top of the board for others to see. It may be that the person who knows the answer has not seen your question. Some people are here in the morning, some in the evening.
Please do not start a new thread for the same item. Starting a new thread drops another question off the first page.
7. DO NOT TYPE IN CAPS - It is considered shouting!
8. You will pick up our lingo as you go but for starters:
OP - Original Post(er)
OT (in title)- Off topic
TIA - Thanks In Advance
Link to acronyms used on eBay: