This is Miyuki. I'm an eBay Product Manager for the Sell Your Item form (SYI), and also an active seller on eBay. I'm starting this thread so we can provide updates (and get feedback from you) on the new Sell Your Item form that we've been working on.
First of all, I would like to announce a new release of SYI, which includes a lot of bug fixes and feature changes driven by the feedback we've heard from you on the previous SYI 3.0 discussion thread David Wygant started.Highlights of this release:
- Fixed the issue where error message would say "Please provide the correct information in the highlighted fields" but no fields would be highlighted on the Describe Your Item page.
- Fixed the issue where your HTML description was lost after using the "Customize this Form" function.
- A separate tab for editing your own HTML has been added to the description editor
- Copy and Paste should work now in the description editor
- Adding the ability for Picture Manager subscribers to insert pictures from the Description field.
- Inserts are back in the description editor with bubble help.
- Small performance improvements were made, but more to come.
- Continued improvements to page loading speed.
- Links for Re-List, Sell Similar, and My eBay on the Listing Success page.
- Tips for filling out Title, Item Specifics, and Description in your selling category.
- Easier Gallery picture selection.
Secondly, I'd like to address a couple of common problems we have seen from the community.Looking for:
- Help? Please click on the icon on the top right corner of the Create Your Listing page, which will open up a help pane. You can also click on the bubble icon next to each field prompt, e.g. Title, to find specific help for that feature.
- Options on your form, such as Scheduled Listing, International Shipping, or Return Policy? Please click on the Customize Form icon on the top right corner of the Create Your Listing page. You can also click any of the bubble icons next to each field prompt, and find the Customize Form link in the bubble help content. The idea is to customize your own selling form, so you can see just the options you need.
Lastly, your opinions are very important to us! Although I may not be able to answer your questions or concerns directly, I will be checking the board periodically to give your feedback to my team. Please be patient with us, and be assured that our team is listening and dedicated to make every effort in improving your selling experience on eBay.How you can help us:
- Try out the new http:/
/ cgi5. ebay. com/ ws/ eBayISAPI. dll? SellHub3>SYI Form
- If you've tried the new SYI, please take the survey
- Please be specific about the problem you are encountering and provide us your system, browser and item number information. A detailed step by step scenario description will really help us to get your problem fixed faster. If you encounter a problem, please feel free to send me a message with all of the information to my email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Let us also know about the things you like about the new form so we can keep them in mind for future projects!
I look forward to hearing from all of you!Sincerely, Miyuki
p.s. For less experienced sellers, we've recently created an education tutorial for using the new selling form, which you can find in the selling modules on www.ebayuniversity.com .