cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My auction says No Returns, isn't that my right !

Even though the option exists in your listing of " No Returns ", unfortunately that does not mean No Refunds !!

The Ebay Buyer Protection Plan over rides your policy, and almost guarantees that a claim filed against you ( such as a SNAD..) will result in the buyer getting a refund without having to return your item to you.

While this is not fair, you can prevent this from happening in the future by changing you auction listings to ' accept returns'.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 1 of 461
latest reply
460 REPLIES 460

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker
True that... sound advice.
Message 2 of 461
latest reply

It's just that I still see so many sellers with a ' No Returns / No Refund policy , thinking they've got themselves covered , when in fact it's a big red flag to certain buyers just looking to cash in .
Maybe that Big Buyer Protection Shield should have been a wake up call to those sellers !

Message 3 of 461
latest reply

True that... sound advice.

Yes it is. I'd like to add, while you need not have it in your auction, offer to pay return shipping costs if you made the mistake that buyer wants to return item for.
This is my buying ID. I have used it on & off for years as a posting ID.

Just a head's up. Don't want anyone getting their undies in a bunch over my doing so.
Message 4 of 461
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker
Hi northeast, nice to meet you.

I always cover return shipping... a buyer should never be at any loss, if I have made a mistake.

BTW... always has amounted to once, in over ten years of selling here.

:-)
Message 5 of 461
latest reply

Hi northeast, nice to meet you.

I always cover return shipping... a buyer should never be at any loss, if I have made a mistake.

BTW... always has amounted to once, in over ten years of selling here.

:-)

...BTW......." Showoff !!! " ( 2M2M):^O

& yes Northeast....a good point !!!

Message 6 of 461
latest reply

While this is not fair, you can prevent this from happening in the future by changing you auction listings to ' accept returns'.

OR eBay could simply get rid of the little tick box. If "no returns" means nothing, why give a potential seller the illusion that it does??? That's like putting an ashtray on a restaurant table, then kicking a patron out for lighting up.
Message 7 of 461
latest reply

Aw c'mon, you really think that eBay doesn't know what they're doing?

They figure that by making as many little red laser dots dance on you as a seller, they'll keep you on your toes, and if you screw up, oh well!
Message 8 of 461
latest reply

Actually, somebody tried to scam me with "No Returns"... He sent me a broken guitar.

eBay/PayPal refunded my money, but first they sent me a UPS sticker to return the guitar with...
And I didn't get my refund until Delivery Confirmation said that the Seller got their busted guitar back.

I don't know if PayPal made the Seller pay for the UPS label... But I was refunded my WHOLE cost, item & shipping.

So... NO! I did not get to keep the guitar.
But... YES! You do accept returns.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 9 of 461
latest reply

I agree, sellers should stop putting no returns in their listings because, as Komo pointed out, it doesn't mean a thing. It can actually end up hurting the seller in the long run. A seller must do returns and if that "no returns accepted" is in their listing then the buyer still gets their money and, in some cases, isn't required to send back the item to the seller.

Useful info like this is a necessity that all sellers need to read before listing items for sale on Ebay. The more useful info, the better for all of us - seller or buyer.

********************************************************************************

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

For the sake of others, please learn CPR. You could save a life.

Message 10 of 461
latest reply

I say eBay should remove the "no refunds, no returns" option from their listing form if it it is a hollow statement. Next to the check box "No Refunds" it DOES NOT say "If you check this box we will still force you to accept refunds". In fact most folks have to join a forum group like this to find out the truth. I know I did.

This is stupidity in it's purest form, and eBay should be called on it. BUT....like many other things around here, it's not up to eBay to be up front about anything.... it's up to the seller to discover on their own what eBay's REAL policy is.
Message 11 of 461
latest reply

Well then suggest it: http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/suggestions.html
This is my buying ID. I have used it on & off for years as a posting ID.

Just a head's up. Don't want anyone getting their undies in a bunch over my doing so.
Message 12 of 461
latest reply

the last experience i had with this sort of thing was selling a pair of jeans. measurements were listed accurately and off they go. well, a few days later i get a message about item not as described. the buyer says they are different in the tag and even sites the same measurements i listed in the auction. the guy wants a refund. after filing a claim i thought about it and from what ebay told me directly when i called i would have likely won since the buyer even admitted the measurements in his first email, then back pedals a couple emails later saying they are larger still. that said i decided to refund the guy with the stipulation being he paid shipping back and covered the shipping from me to him the first time; and, of course a positive. to me it was worth it not to receive a neg which would have certainly occurred had i stiffed him. for now i think i'll stick to my normal job  and the surrounding areas

Message 13 of 461
latest reply

interesting BBT, but you can't be advertizing your work on this board.

Message 14 of 461
latest reply

BUMP for dparsley18......and others to read !!

Message 15 of 461
latest reply