cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claims item new with tags was torn or used.

Has any one had this issue and if so, how did it turn out? I sold a new with tags item to a buyer. The buyer recently contacted me claiming "the item had loose threads and her son wore them for an hour until the item tore". My listings do not except returns and clearly states this. She is asking for a full refund. I explain to her the item was inspected before packaging and also new with tags. I also explained my non return policy.  I also explained to her that since she tore the pants that I could accept a return nor was the item in any condition for resale due to them being torn by her son.  How did any of you handle this situation? Did you get negative feedback even though you followed all of the Ebay rules and regulation for nonrefundable items? Thank you for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Your return policy is only for buyer's remorse. You will need to accept the return and send the buyer a return shipping label from the return request details.

Buyers have the eBay Money Back Guarantee:

http://pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

eBay will almost always favor the buyer and if you don't resolve this yourself eBay will force a refund and you will receive a defect and you risk negative feedback.

Answers (0)