cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Motors Search is the worst it has ever been

I know I complained about this a while back.

Now it is even worst then before.

I am going to sell an original 1965 GTO Air Cleaner is decent shape

I search 1965 GTO Air Cleaner and I get 754 items and most don't belong

I search completed sold and I get  over 900 items and most of the don't belong. 

What is wrong with eBay?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Ebays search engine is horrible. I was actually searching for a racing video game and all that came up was auto parts. Lol. Wires must have crossed. I have noticed even on the regular ebay side the search engine is really bad. I guess Ebay doesn't feel like a good search engine is important. I can misspell almost every word on Google and the it still figures it out. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I do have a great idea..  

ebay. Please give us an option box search to choose the exact words we are searching and or an option box for the GARBAGE SEARCH you push us to use. 

It is bad enough they force us to do tons of bad ideas they have come up with over the years. This GARBAGE SEARCH IS ONE OF THE WORST EVER.

I have a saying about some of eBay's new things they push on us. 

"CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGE"

WHY CHANGE THINGS THAT WORK WELL?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Promoted Listings, Item Specifics, Compatibilities, and "Have one like this to sell?"

There are the search issues.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Ebays search engine is one of the worst out there ATM. Especially if you are looking for something specific. It never used to be like that.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

eBay has always done what they want to do, whether it worked or not.  Many of us watched them make bad decision after bad decision and no one cared.  The people who come and make these changes are only passing through on their next real job.  

eBay Motors has lots of issues, too.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

when your search engine looks at 1000s of spammed keywords in listings, the results you get have nothing to do with what you are looking for. The search is actually working as designed, just needs an option for "search title only"  - too easy right?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I did a search for a 1973 Dodge Polara and it returned a list of golf clubs.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Search has been corrupted by good ol' fashioned payola......

Searching for hardware, fasteners, bearings and the like is just a massive time wasting exercise...

I learned all the tricks too.... when to use qoutation marks, when not to, which keywords should be qouted, which ones shouldn't, blah, blah, blah, blah.....

And what did I find? The search was just rearranging the same unrelated crap it wanted me to see that is all....

Searched for a bearing recently.. of course by it's four digit part number....

the search returned nothing but EVERY other part number and after 40 minutes of this...um, stuff, i said heck with it.

When i logged out the home page displayed Bearings For You......and the first three were the very same part number and bearings that I had just had no luck finding earlier....

I too believe it has changed for the worse in the last month or so..... 

well.... i just don't want to spend the time required to find things here anymore. 

Opened a McMaster-Carr account and get all my hardware there now. They have an awesome site with a great search engine that is actually engineered to find things and not hampered by pay to play....

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Sellers on Ebay Motors are using large amounts of unrelated keywords in the Item Specifics

section causing this problem. It is called keyword spamming and it is getting worse it seems.

You can try reporting the listings to make Ebay aware of this problem which is making search useless for buyers.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@vintagepartshunter wrote:

Sellers on Ebay Motors are using large amounts of unrelated keywords in the Item Specifics

section causing this problem. It is called keyword spamming and it is getting worse it seems.

You can try reporting the listings to make Ebay aware of this problem which is making search useless for buyers.

in one specific category that I shop there is one Seller that is quite notorious for a long string of keyword spam.... he does it on virtually every listing he has....

several reports later and eBay says it sees no violations.... go figure.....

Message 11 of 11
latest reply