cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds on hold

My payout is on hold for 30 days.  The buyer has received the item and has posted positive feedback.  A rep told me that it is ebay policy to hold funds on sales greater than $500.  This was a lie.  I sold 3 items last year, two were over $500 and one was over $5,000.  No fund holds were issued.  Ebay gets interest on our collective money that is held - that is theft.  My buyer received her item, is happy.  I WANT MY MONEY.  Have been a member for 17 years and this is just outrageous.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Funds on hold

You've only sold 4 items lately, so they will hold the funds for awhile.

If the items sells for more then $1000, they'll hold the funds for 30 days.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Funds on hold

You're selling very expensive items and ebay wants to make sure the sales go through (along with the authenticity guaranteed COAs) as they should. 

You will get your money, just not immediately. 

And BTW, ebay doesn't collect interest on the money they're holding.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Funds on hold

This item did not go through authenticity.  The buyer has the item and is wearing it!  I just want my funds.  Are you 100% certain that ebay does not collect interest on all the funds that are on hold?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Funds on hold

You may be a member for 17 years but rules change. You need to keep up with those changes.  Infrequent sellers now have their payments held. Payments on expensive items or listings in high risk categories can be held.  A bad buying experience can result in a payment hold.  

If eBay did earn interest it is not theft. Nowhere does the FTC or eBay say they will pay you interest on your money or they will pass on any money made off of your money. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Funds on hold

You'll have to wait for it... last year could be as recent as 4 months ago or much longer, and eBay will often put holds on funds if a seller hasn't sold anything in months or longer. If you're selling expensive things they may even ask you to show receipts at some point. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply