cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW LONG BEFORE THE RED REVIEW BANNER DISAPPEAR

I understand the velocity review process that we got after making our first sale, but how long does it take?

Most of the customer service agents we spoke with said it would disappear after May 1st, which is tomorrow. No information has been requested so far.

Please those who encountered this, the date they gave me, is it reliable? Does it disappear on the fifth day ?

Will it truly disappear tomorrow?

"Your payouts are temporarily on hold while we review some details. Please allow up to 5 days for this review to take place."

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@destools 

I’m not sure that my situation is identical to yours, but I’m happy to share my own experience, as I’ve also recently received the “red review banner.”

I’d been a buyer here almost exclusively since 2003, but last summer I decided to start selling some of the items from my pottery collection as a way to raise money for charity.  I had expected the funds from my first few sales to be held, but surprisingly, I was never subjected to the 30-day holds that I’d read about for new sellers.  Even after what was then my largest single sale – a $1,200 transaction around Thanksgiving – my funds were never held, and eBay processed my payouts like clockwork, without issue.

Last week, I had my best sales week ever (about $3,000 of merchandise sold, and it would typically take me two months to sell that much).  Most of those proceeds were paid out, but on Sunday (4/28), I woke up to the following message:

We wanted to let you know that because of some recent changes in your selling activity, we are reviewing your account to make sure it’s secure . . . . We’ll review your account within 5 days and get back to you if we need anything else.

What was left of my payouts (~ $500) was on hold, and I went down a few rabbit holes online to see what I should do in case their audit resulted in some sort of escalation.  Based on what I read, like you, I gathered all the receipts I could find for the items that I had recently sold.  I also double-checked that I wasn’t in violation of any obscure eBay policies that I might not have been aware of.  After that, all I could do was wait to be contacted.

The good news is that I was never contacted, and this morning (5/1), I received an email notification that my payout was processed with my bank.   And when I went to the Payments section of my console, I confirmed that the dreaded “red banner” had indeed been removed.  So in my case, this review/audit took exactly three days.

It was unsettling, to be sure – especially after reading that some longtime users had had their accounts suspended after receiving similar notices from eBay.  However, I gather that for the overwhelming majority of users, an unusual spike in sales, changing a bank account or other personal data, or even having a suspicious buyer can trigger these types of security reviews.

I hope this was helpful.  Best of luck to you.

Kevin

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Don't know how a 2 week old account got t list so much.

They'll probably be asking for receipts for all the items you have listed.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

We have been selling on Amazon for quite a while now, so it is our business, selling tools and equipment though.

It is not like personal listings from items you own, they are items we stock.

And a quick question though, this is the fourth day, and no information requested yet.

When are we expecting their requests?

And we only listed just 13 items total, how is that much?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Most new sellers can only list a few items and a couple hundred dollars.

Don't know how long it'll take.

A brand new seller, selling expensive new item's throws out a lot of red flags.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

New sellers can have 30 day hold on payments.

eBay is not Amazon and will not check with them on how long you have been selling.

There is no time line for eBay to request information.

You will most likely need receipts for the items you are selling.

Good luck!

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I understand the question here is, they have not requested any information, and the red banner is scheduled to disappear today

We have every document ready, we are a business.

If no information is requested, will it be removed automatically, or does the red banner signify that information must be requested ?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I understand the 30 days hold too, I'm talking of the red banner on our Payouts dashboard, our payment is already scheduled for 30 days. My concern is the red banner

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@destools 

I’m not sure that my situation is identical to yours, but I’m happy to share my own experience, as I’ve also recently received the “red review banner.”

I’d been a buyer here almost exclusively since 2003, but last summer I decided to start selling some of the items from my pottery collection as a way to raise money for charity.  I had expected the funds from my first few sales to be held, but surprisingly, I was never subjected to the 30-day holds that I’d read about for new sellers.  Even after what was then my largest single sale – a $1,200 transaction around Thanksgiving – my funds were never held, and eBay processed my payouts like clockwork, without issue.

Last week, I had my best sales week ever (about $3,000 of merchandise sold, and it would typically take me two months to sell that much).  Most of those proceeds were paid out, but on Sunday (4/28), I woke up to the following message:

We wanted to let you know that because of some recent changes in your selling activity, we are reviewing your account to make sure it’s secure . . . . We’ll review your account within 5 days and get back to you if we need anything else.

What was left of my payouts (~ $500) was on hold, and I went down a few rabbit holes online to see what I should do in case their audit resulted in some sort of escalation.  Based on what I read, like you, I gathered all the receipts I could find for the items that I had recently sold.  I also double-checked that I wasn’t in violation of any obscure eBay policies that I might not have been aware of.  After that, all I could do was wait to be contacted.

The good news is that I was never contacted, and this morning (5/1), I received an email notification that my payout was processed with my bank.   And when I went to the Payments section of my console, I confirmed that the dreaded “red banner” had indeed been removed.  So in my case, this review/audit took exactly three days.

It was unsettling, to be sure – especially after reading that some longtime users had had their accounts suspended after receiving similar notices from eBay.  However, I gather that for the overwhelming majority of users, an unusual spike in sales, changing a bank account or other personal data, or even having a suspicious buyer can trigger these types of security reviews.

I hope this was helpful.  Best of luck to you.

Kevin

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for your plain and honest answer

Message 9 of 9
latest reply