cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a Gift Card and it has no balance???

I’ve been trying to buy an item with my $45 eBay Gift Card I bought today and for some reason it keeps giving me the error “Please check your payment details or use a different payment method”. I keep getting this issue even though I’ve tried buying in different devices and in the web and app versions and then when I decided to check the balance it has $0?? I need this fixed ASAP

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Not every item can be purchased with a gift card. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I know but what confuses me the most is that it has no balance when I just paid $45 for it

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

When you bought the card did the cashier or whoever properly adhere the funds to the card? You may need to go back to wherever you bought it from or reach out to them.

Does it show what the money was used on? Are you sure one of those transactions didn't actually end up processing somehow?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have the activation receipt and I don't have anything in my purchases

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

How many hours after purchasing did you try to use it?  It takes up to 4 hours to become activated after you pay.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Scammers remove the scratch off and write down the numbers.  They then replace the scratch off strip, they can be purchased on the net.  They then put the card back and wait for it to be sold and activated.  Since they have the number, they can then spend the card.

It's  a common scam. Can't say if that is your issue however.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply