cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's feedback process and support is ridiculous

A recent buyer left me a neutral feedback on my account as a result of problems with the post office delivery.  He realized the error when we communicated, and wanted to revise the feedback.  Unfortunately, he did not see the emailed revision request and could not respond.  I could not resend another.

We both spent the next week emailing and speaking directly with Ebay "support," who told us that it would be corrected.  I was hung up on once, and lied to when told that a supervisor would call me back the same day.  He was told multiple times that it woudl be resolved.

We both continued to work at resolving this with the Ebay support team in advance of and to meet the 10-day deadline.

Well the deadline has passed, and today I am told by Ebay support that because of that nothing can be done. 

Perhaps you have dealt with Ebay's feedback guidelines regarding revising and removal.  They are very strict, and I understand that.  However, when I buyer asks for help within the window and Ebay claims that they are powerless to assist, don't you feel something is wrong?

I have been on Ebay since 1999, and have sold thousands of dollars of merchandise.  Those days are ending.  I will sell on Facebook Marketplace, or Poshmark, or Etsy, for I have had enough of the incompetence of Ebay and its staff.

Anyone agree?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You only have 30 days for a revision. 

Customer service cannot do anything.

eBay has more exposure for selling something.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Agreed, Ebay Customer Service is a joke.  Revision requests are 10 days when sent to the buyer, not 30

Message 3 of 3
latest reply