cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

36 hours Illinois to Anchorage USPS ground advantage

18 Pounds for $26 UPS was $83 Projected delivery date was like another 10 days.

I am surprised and impressed

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I did USPS on a Saturday afternoon and it got to buyer Monday afternoon...per the buyer's feedback.

We win some...we lose some....hopefully nothing shipped of course.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Despite the title "ground advantage" I am willing to bet they didn't truck the item to Alaska. From tracking I see a lot of things go from the east to the west coast in 1-2 days. Obviously it went on a plane from the east coast to the west. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

Despite the title "ground advantage" I am willing to bet they didn't truck the item to Alaska. From tracking I see a lot of things go from the east to the west coast in 1-2 days. Obviously it went on a plane from the east coast to the west. 

Yes, obviously sent by air, I have drove from Illinois to Anchorage it is like a 75 hour drive.

The USPS says that ground advantage is "Primary option for sending hazardous materials (HAZMAT) that can’t go by air."

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@bashort 

At first ground advantage had some bugs.  It was taking way too long to arrive to it's destination.  Now it's clean sailing.  I sent a package to Hawaii a few weeks ago and it got there in 2 days. Impressive indeed!

Happy Selling

Message 5 of 5
latest reply