cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else **bleep** about performance reviews?

I send everything out with eBay tracking. I buy all of my labels from them. They provide tracking. So why am I the one getting a bad review for “item not delivered” I AM NOT the postal worker. I pack and ship ALL of my items well before my last handling date. 
so why is it my issue that eBay tracking has a ton of issues. 
don't go giving your sellers a bad review because your tracking hasn’t been improved on! I do NOT work for the post office. I am NOT the one that delivers it. Cut us some slack with your crap performance reviews and actually look into why it is that I have items not received. 

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@trena.kg 

If you are shipping using the eBay Standard Envelope, drop your ESEs in the "Metered Mail" slot in your post office lobby.  This is a more dependable way of receiving that initial scan, which the ESEs receive either late that evening, or during the next few days.  

If you just hand the ESEs to USPS counter employees, or a USPS delivery driver, there is no guarantee that those ESEs will ever receive that initial "scan."  The same applies with mailing your ESEs in the USPS "blue-boxes," or a residential mailbox, or a business mailing system.

It may seem like a little extra trouble, but it works for me every time -- with NO buyer complaints, and NO delivery problems.

Give it a try!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 16 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

How did you provide tracking for all the $2.99 items with free shipping?

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

You are purchasing a service for your customers.

You are responsible for that service performing.

Ebay has given integrated options that work with their system.

They do not guarentee they will perform properly.

I suggest you communicate your dissatisfaction with your carriers and try and get them to resolve delivery issues.

The buyer and eBay aren't at fault, but if you continue to not deliver your goods to your customer then you are creating a bad buyer experience and eBay will eventually shut you down.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

I have a few items eBay says I shipped late; I am thinking of extending my handling time beyond 5 days,  even though I ship things the same day or the next morning.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

It may not be your FAULT  that packages are arriving late but it is your RESPONSIBILITY.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Almost every one of your listings says it will be shipped first class, in an envelope with a stamp and no tracking.

Yet you say they are being sent with tracking.  So how does that work?

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

This is what happens when you don't ship with tracking, ebay will trash your account and put all kinds of restrictions on your selling privileges.

It seems others misunderstood your situation, as it appears your packages are being delivered, but ebay is unable to verify those deliveries, and that is the underlying issue here.

I get you want to keep shipping costs low, but ebay doesn't care. Unless the buyer leaves feedback, ebay assumes the item was never received.

As for your statement " They provide tracking", no they don't. Its up to you to provide a tracking number.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Its easy as in certain categories that qualify you can use the eBay Standard envelope shipping option which gives you a tracking # to prove you sent it and that the customer received it. Its like a digital postage stamp. You only pay .64. I believe that the sticker category has it available. It was first started in the trading card category and has been being expanded out to others over the past year or so. 

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

I have sports stickers, where do you see it's available for that?

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

This is what happens when you don't ship with tracking, ebay will trash your account and put all kinds of restrictions on your selling privileges.

It's not eBay that is trashing accounts!

It's either the seller themselves for shipping without tracking or the buyers who don't receive their items (for real or because they know they can get a refund if you have no tracking).

Personally I send quite a bit of stuff without tracking and I've never had any issues.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

If you are using a shipping service that is not performing well you must change the way you ship items to improve your customers satisfaction. People are so used to getting everything with tracking and fairly fast. We do not use anything but USPS Priority Mail to avoid any issues with buyer complaints due to slooooow shipping.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

So far I've had excellent results by attaching an approximately 1 inch x 1 inch label to Ground Advantage packages: the label reads, "please scan for delivery".  At the risk of jinxing myself, it's worked wonders.  

I use the Rollo to print out a template that has 6 of the aforementioned labels.

On 12 x 9 Ebay rigid mailers, I print 2 small labels, and use one to cover the "Ebay" logo.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

I only use tracking for high end items.

Otherwise, a .68 stamp works for me without tracking.

Haven't lost anything last year or this year yet.

As per my feedbacks...everything is being delivered fast without tracking with 4-5 days cross-country.

Times have changed...more tracking packages and envelopes and "metered mail" and less envelopes with a stamp on it. Looks like an envelope with a stamp on it is faster these days.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Here's one for you.

I sell a patch at a competitive price of $2.95.  The market for this patch is saturated so there's a lot of competition.  I always try to price my items within pennies of the competition if I can afford it. 

I can only ship this patch with the standard envelope "tracking" for this price.  Out of which I might make .75 cents after all the fees, costs, packaging and postage... Not to mention most of the time it's at the PL rate too.

This standard envelope doesn't track like normal parcels.  It's very sketchy in some postal regions. 

Customer complains after they haven't received the envelope in 3 weeks, "tracking" hasn't scanned in weeks.  They claim it isn't "real tracking" and demand that I upload the "real tracking number".  I explain the situation with the standard envelope.  I apologize for them not receiving their item and refund them in full.  All $2.95 of it.

I get a negative FB for my trouble.  They end up getting the envelope days later and because they have "integrity" they spend $5.45 to send it back to me with "REAL TRACKING" as they put it eve so sarcastically.

Without going into the whole thing about them spending more to send it back then they originally paid for it and demanded a refund over... Let's just focus on the fact that they wanted "Real Tracking" the whole time.

To which I would have replied if I could...  So where were you last year when I had this same patch priced at $7.99 with First Class Mail shipping and tracking?  I didn't sell a single one of them that whole year.  Then ebay allowed the standard envelope and I was finally able to price it in the range of my competition... And just like that they started selling. 

People are so spoiled.  They expect first class treatment on EVERYTHING no matter the fact that they aren't willing to actually pay for that.

You can't have it both ways.  You can't have cheap goods and Free next day overnight priority hand delivered shipping with updates every hour on the hour. 

I actually find it pretty humorous that there are people out there like this.  If I didn't see the humor in it I'd be packing my bags to be on the first shuttle to Mars with Elon.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

@ten_o_nine 

"I have sports stickers, where do you see it's available for that?"

Here ya go:

Eligible categories

As of Nov 2023, four additional categories are now eligible to use eBay standard envelope, expanding the service to eight categories. See the full list of category paths.

• Patches
  • Stickers & Decals
  • Greeting Cards
  • Seeds
  • Trading Cards
  • Coins & Currency
  • Postcards
  • Stamps
Message 15 of 28
latest reply