cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bell thingy notification not working this morning

Anyone else experiencing problems with the notification bell. I was able to find out that overnight I have 2 sales and 2 messages, but the notification bell is dead and shows nothing. 

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

If you are talking about the phone app, it sometimes helps to remove and reinstall to get the notification sounds back.

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

Also not working here in N.J..  On desktop.  No biggie.  Hopefully it will straighten itself out.

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

You're not crazy. I've read of it in another thread or two. Sometimes I just tick it and see what's there, even if unlit.

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

I'm actually enjoying not being constantly bothered by that thing.

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

Yes. It notifies me after item bought, paid for and I'm in the shipping process. Also, slow on offers. Doesn't show up for awhile, so keep a check on your messages. In fact, Ebay 'mechanics' are slow in listings, sell similare, ending listings, etc.  

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

Still down at 3:25.  Cannot be that hard to rectify.

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

Mine doesn't work, but so what - I can check anything I need in seller hub.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 44
latest reply

Yup, I noticed that. A minor annoyance. I multi-task a lot and collect merch, and I end up missing replies and notifs for hours until I realize the bell thing is not working .-.

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

"The act of bell ringing is symbolic of all proselytizing religions. It implies the pointless interference with the quiet of other people."  - Ezra Pound

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

Same here, also the seller's hub is all messed up. I can't get a sales report and the words on top of each column is not showing right either. So tired of the glitches

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

Mine was working this morning.  

BEFORE you uninstall and re-install the app. 

Shut down your phone all the way.   If the app still does not work properly, then check for updates. 

If there are no updates.  Make sure your phone hasn't changed your settings.  (mine does that sometimes after major updates).  

Then if it still does not work, reinstall the app.  

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 12 of 44
latest reply

I noticed mine down yesterday morning. It is still down for me.

I am not using a phone app - I only use my home computer.

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

Just for info........... on a pc I'm getting a "blank" when I click on the box in a just opened listing......but did get a 1 (for a sale) this morning on a Window that had been open a while and then got "2 items to be shipped" (one sale last nite).  I think Wasting time mentioned that there could be a lag time in populating the box........

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

I'm getting the dreaded blank box too, and have been since yesterday - with the curious exception of a bunch of those oh-so-useful "watched item reminders."

Message 15 of 44
latest reply