cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a buyer that been banned to bid, make a new account to bid on your items?

Sorry, I just feel like I need to gripe....my only negative/neutral FB is from fellow coin sellers.... I would like to see a rule, that if you sell the same type of items, and you buy from another eBay reseller, then I should get to remove your negative FB. 

Buyer #1, she claims to be buying from me for her personal collection and only selling duplicate coins. Ask me for a list of my coins and best prices, then she only wants to buy the best deal (cherry pick my best deal). I sell her 1 but then she demands more. I tell her no. She tries to start a refund request before the coin even is delivered, I gladly accept, but she does not return the coin, too good of a deal. I was using automatic feedback and left FB as soon as I shipped, but now I stopped all FB until the buyer post a FB for me. Needless to say, she left me nasty FB, even though she abused me, after I put her on the no bid list. She had double my sales transactions than myself. 

Buyer#2 he left me negative FB, I told him my policy, I can't handle 50 auctions a week, all selling at a loss and then he would not pay for them for a week or so, so he could win more auctions and get them all shipped together. I looked at his profile, and noticed he also sells coins on eBay and has 200 sales transactions. This buyer/seller maybe smaller than myself, but I have never asked a seller to hold my orders to save me money on shipping. I also added him to the no bid list after I sent him a few request for payments. If I am going to lose money on auctions, I rather sell to buyer who follow my policy, just pay for your winning auction on time. Now I only have 5 auctions a week, none with a $1 starting price. This is another coin seller who is using other sellers auctions losses and then reselling who is leaving negative FB. 

Buyer #3 this guy worst of them all. He leaves me negative review and trying to get a refund even though my coins are all BU, but claims under a microscope that the coin has rim rash and I some how described them as perfect MS-70. I don't see a eBay store, but he does have sales and eventually we all need to sell off our coins. I put him on my no bid list, I don't need buyer like him, who only want perfect coins... but what if this is buyer #1 or #2 using a new fake account, to harass me to leave more negative comments?  Does eBay investigates the refund request that seems so abusive, or just sides with the buyers automatically? Where is the seller protection? 

I hope that when I ban a buyer, that buyer can't make another account to get around my ban? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There is nothing stopping a buyer from creating another account to circumvent your buyer block, but it is against policy and is reportable.

You would know if a buyer is circumventing your buyer block because the ship to name and address will probably be the same. 

Several other issues I see going on..

Never cancel as buyer requested if they don't actually ask for that. According to the feedback you received that is what you did. 

Never let a buyer talk you into creating a "special list of items" with prices. If it's not listed it's not for sale. If you agree you need to follow through. 

Never agree to hold shipping don't even elude to it, you must ship within your handling time. 
If a buyer doesn't pay in 4 days you should cancel for nonpayment. 
If a buyer opens a not as described you should accept it, issue the return label then refund on return.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It is against eBay policy to do that, but there is really nothing eBay can do to prevent it.

All a buyer really needs to bid on an item is an email address.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes, but they're not supposed to.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Can?

Yes.

Supposed to?

No.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply