cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can buyer accept original offer after declining counter offer?

Can buyer accept original offer after declining counter offer?  I have a buyer who sent me a pretty lowball offer.  I countered with a decent counter offer.   Then buyer counters my offer by upping the original low ball offer by a whopping $1.  I am going to decline the offer but am curious whether buyer can still accept my original offer.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If you decline, I'm pretty sure the prior offer is no longer valid and they have to make a new offer if they still want to make an offer and haven't gone over the allowed offer attempts (5 I think).

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

Can buyer accept original offer after declining counter offer?  I have a buyer who sent me a pretty lowball offer.  I countered with a decent counter offer.   Then buyer counters my offer by upping the original low ball offer by a whopping $1.  I am going to decline the offer but am curious whether buyer can still accept my original offer.

No. When either party counter offers it takes the previous offer off the table. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Nope. once declined it's over.  A new round has to start.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If the buyer rejects the seller's counter offer, can seller still accept buyer's original offer?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@gknyc wrote:

If the buyer rejects the seller's counter offer, can seller still accept buyer's original offer?

To quote 2 posts above yours @gknyc :

"No. When either party counter offers it takes the previous offer off the table. "

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

As above: no. And I would let that silly $1-increase bid time out with no response.

I don't know what that buyer's Feedback looks like (especially including his Feedback Left for Others), but he seems like a future headache anyway.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply