cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add Size attribute in Variations listing for a shirt?

Hi everyone hopefully someone can help me here i'm trying to add a Size attribute in Variations listing for a shirt. I gives me an error message saying " To add this attribute, remove the value added for it in Item Specifics."

You can see I have nothing selected under Size for Item Description..

Screenshot (71).png

Screenshot (74).png

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

The reason you cannot select SIZE as your attribute is because it is already shown in your "item specifics".

You need to create new listing (leave title line and description BLANK).   Select ADD VARIATIONS (size, color, etc).   

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

When we try to add Size as an attribute ebay should add a pop-up that asks if I'd like to remove Size from the item specifics yes/no.  Then I say yes and continue with my listing.  It's incredibly stupid that the only solution is to throw out the listing and start over again.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

It didnt even work for me.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

It did not work for me either

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

The image shows "size type" was selected in item specifics. That's where the problem is coming in.

To add size as a variation, neither size nor size type can be filled in the item specifics.

This is one of the reasons it's so unbelievably backwards that eBay put variations below item specifics on the awful unified listing tool. Variations should be above IS like they were on the old form.

@tekkselect @bd_tech @chromavogue @dvineproductsinc 

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

And worse, if I go back and blank out those fields, that doesn't work.  I usually just give it some **bleep** name to make it work because I think the only alternative is to delete the listing and start a new one from scratch....usually after I'm almost completely done with the listing.  eBay should be world class with their listing tool and they are about as bad as it gets.  Etsy, Amazon, Facebook Marketplace, heck even CraigsList was better.....CraigsList!!

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Did you ever find a solution to this? I’m having the same trouble.  Whether I have “size type” checked or not.   I tried Men’s tshirts, and Women’s tops, both didn’t work.  But I tried sneakers just out of interest and Size was available without a problem.  Really want to be able to use this feature….

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I was having the same problem and I think that I FINALLY figured out how to resolve the issue! I went back to the "Item Specifics" section and I removed almost all of my original answers. I only answered the following parts: BRAND; TYPE; BODY AREA (I sell jewelry); METAL; GAUGE (size). I then scrolled down to the "Variations" section and clicked on "Edit". Once it opened up to the next page for me to set up the variations, it now allowed me to add the specific variation that I wanted to do which was "Colors". Hopefully this helps everyone out! So leave as much blank in the "Item Specifics" section as possible and that should resolve the problem.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Doesn't work for me either, this is something I've never come across in 10+ years of building websites. No simple option to list product variations.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

1. Don't select (uncheck) "Size Type" in the "ITEM SPECIFICS" => "Size Type" will be shown in "Add variation attribute"

2. Select (check) "Size Type" in "Add variation attribute".

3. Select "Regular" or anything you like, then it will show the "Size" attributes for you to select.  

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Thank you this works

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I just added ":" after size and it works. So, instead of Size, just type Size: xDDD )))

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

1_Change The category

2_Add the variation (size)
3_Undo the right category

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@semarine 

You are a bit late responding to this ancient thread from a year ago.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply