cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get rid of feedback request

I had someone "buy" an item but did not pay. I canceled the order, I relisted the item, and I have since sold it, but there is still a feedback request for this failed sale. I do not want to give positive feedback, as this person tied this item up in limbo for over a week without paying, and never responded to my messages. But the only options I am given are to give positive feedback or to report the buyer. When I click 'Report buyer,' it tells me that I cannot report them because the order was cancelled. So my only option to get rid of it seems to be to falsely give undeserved positive feedback.

Do I just have to live with this being at the top of my feedback requests forever? I can "x" out of it, but it comes back the next time I go to the feedback page.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I generally archive any cancelled listings once I’ve relisted them.  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I generally archive any cancelled listings once I’ve relisted them.  

@fern*wood 

^^^ That's genius. I was just ignoring the request(s) so far. I seem to still learn something every day. 👏

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@mikes_moto  it goes away after 60 days

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@fern*wood  even after archiving, it still shows up to leave feedback

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

And it is a pain!  I've had non-payers, or requests to cancel, then relisted the item. It sells shortly after, and I end up leaving the positive feedback to the non-payers by mistake!  It's bad enough we can't leave them negatives, now Ebay is encouraging or tricking us into leaving them positives! I think we need to be able to get rid of those, I agree! 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

@fern*wood  even after archiving, it still shows up to leave feedback

@stuff4divas 

There's something to be said for 'un-learning' something every day, too. 😑

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@mtgraves7984    ...........  😂  .................. 🤣

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@mikes_moto wrote:

Do I just have to live with this being at the top of my feedback requests forever? I can "x" out of it, but it comes back the next time I go to the feedback page.

Yes, basically. You have to get used to this being life now. 

"We're not gonna stop pestering you every day until you leave this buyer a positive feedback. We ain't going anywhere." -Ebay

Message 9 of 9
latest reply