cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chargeback filed before Item even Delivered

Here’s a real Lu Lu of a chargeback. Buyer purchases item. We ship fast 1 day handling time. Item is right about to be delivered to recipient and we get a chargeback with buyer stating reason is they want to cancel the order. So we talk to the concierge and they say they had able time to cancel order so what’s up with this? I contact said buyer and ask also, what’s up with this? Zero feedback buyer. Absolutely disputed by me, and now funds on hold for probably several weeks. Cannot recall this item, It’s about to be delivered Priority Mail fast. Yeah I got seller protection. Just miffed over this stuff. They come out of the woodwork during the Holiday. Every season I get a least one Lu Lu.

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

See update on this post. Just a scammer trying to get free merchandise with a credit card. Hard to stop them from doing this with current credit card laws.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 27 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Credit card chargeback....usually wins...kiss that seller money good-bye. And if you do an appeal...that will cost you another $20....so be careful.

I had another "canceled a sale for your security" this month...issue with the buyer's account...took 10 days for eBay to get it to me in an email after sent out the first day..LOL

Tis the Season...ho ho no

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

I really wish to God Ebay could somehow halt these types of chargebacks with their system showing this item is in transit etc. It’s just aggravating that people just jump to these credit cards like a loaded gun thinking they can steal with them.  If this is what this buyer is trying to do. The other reason I suspected was that after they ordered it they decided they did not want it and then just jumped to the card instead of contacting us. Yeah blame the card companies. They stink.

Message 3 of 50
latest reply

Oh no way jay. That does not happen with me most of the time. We get the seller protection if the LU LU chargecard people goof this up.

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Credit card chargeback....usually wins...kiss that seller money good-bye. And if you do an appeal...that will cost you another $20....so be careful.

I had another "canceled a sale for your security" this month...issue with the buyer's account...took 10 days for eBay to get it to me in an email after sent out the first day..LOL

Tis the Season...ho ho no

Credit card chargebacks are VERY winnable except for Not As Described cases (which don't have any real  Seller Protection anyway).

FYI according to the OP this is NOT a cancelled by eBay situation but rather just a buyer changed their mind.

@vintagecraze50I suggest you wait until it's scanned as delivered (or refused), sounds like that will be today or tomorrow. Once it is scanned as delivered you can win this chargeback.

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

Yes sir, that is what should happen for sure.

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

If you do the credit card chargeback online with your banking institution....which your bank doesn't really ask a whole lot of questions while doing it online....other than doing a dispute "online nowadays"...all you have to do is type " I don't recognize the charge"....I wonder who will win? I have had a few chargebacks and not going to get charged for another $20. charge to try to fight it after I lost twice before. How many chargebacks have you had lately?

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

If its an International Sale with EIS the seller will not be charged.

It depends how the chargeback was done. If online....on the buyer's computer with their banking resource and they have an excellent standing with that bank and money...you never know jay.

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

Way back when, I dated a girl named Lulu. She was quite the dish. Whistle whistle. 

Sounds like a slam dunk win, though this is the first time I have heard, "I want to cancel the order" as the reason for the chargeback. Best of luck. 

Posting ID
Message 9 of 50
latest reply

I don't even see how wanting to cancel would be a reason a bank would accept for a chargeback, but in these days...

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 50
latest reply

Its a dispute of a charge...not really a "chargeback"...Go into your banking online....and it's saids "file a dispute"....so the word chargeback is not really a word that is used...the word is "dispute a charge".

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

It would really be sad of the credit card company grants this chargeback instead if simply telling the customer, the item has already been shipped.  When you receive it, return if for a refund.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 12 of 50
latest reply

If they refuse the shipment, you won't have to refund anything at all.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Now you probably should be refunding the cost of the item, but not necessarily your shipping costs, packaging costs, any random fees, etc. EBay will take care of the sales taxes the buyer paid.

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

So cool. I love it!

Message 15 of 50
latest reply