cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed launching for auctions.

Recently, I have listed items that are delayed from being live on the ebay website despite receiving messages that "your auction is now live". I called ebay and was told that when too many people try to list items, ebay gets behind and the auction launch is delayed. I don't think this is the truth. I launched other items at the same time and they went straight to being LIVE on the website but items that have anything to do with a gun (such as gun parts) or in my most recent case, it is a book about the Vietnam war that is delayed. Has ebay gotten so sensitive that anything referring to a gun or war has to be "reviewed" before launching? When this happens, a  5 day auction is only LIVE for 4 days. Has anyone else had this happen? I am just trying to follow the rules. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@bigiron 

I do not think it is sensitively, it is out of caution.  Additionally they do that with high dollar handbags and accessories like Louis Vuitton. I listed a LV accessory and it did not show on the website for 24 hours. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I understand ebay has to be cautious about high dollar items with all the fake stuff out there these days. It just seems that there are so many unknowns anymore. I got a message this morning that I violated ebay terms in a reply I made to a buyer's question. The question was about postage costs. In my reply I provided the website address for USPS where they can calculate postage costs. Ebay said that violated their terms. When I called them, they looked at my reply and said no problem. But, my reply never got sent to the potential buyer. So now, that buyer thinks I ignored their question. I guess putting a link or providing an website address is taboo now? 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

taboo now?

Not taboo, it violates eBay Policy.

Messages are for answering questions only and do not allow links, addresses, phone numbers, email or Bible quotes.

Have a nice Sunday its a special One.

Loose Cannon
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. For me, every day is a special one, I made it another day!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@buybuy42 

Yes it is!palm sunday image.jpg

Happy Palm Sunday and Happy Selling! 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

There's no reason to link to the USPS website.  Just tell them to look at the item page for your shipping rate.  ANY outside links have always been banned in messages.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your input. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply