cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay charged from me additional fees 6% for bellow standards

I checked last transactions and found additional 6% fee cause i am bellow standards seller. My rating was lowered for such cases as: 1) There were 4 listings with a response to return the buyer outside the eBay regulations, because there was no response from the USPS. In two of these cases, I never received money for the item sold from either USPS or eBay. One at a time, I made a partial refund to the buyer, but it remained defective. In the fourth case, the buyer never sent the item back. In all these cases, I contacted support and received refusals, and then only promises to review the cases. 2) 5 cases when I canceled an order in which I discovered a defect during the packaging process, selling a product of poor quality is beneath my dignity. I did not imagine that it would have such an impact later. Also included in the statistics is an item that I sent on time, but the postal service delivered it late, which is certainly not my expertise. Has anyone experienced similar behavior from eBay? What advice would you give in such a situation? W hat did you do in such a situation, if you had one? You can also go to my page and see one bad review that was due to the fact that I followed eBay's instructions and canceled the order because they said that this buyer would not be able to leave a review and yet they refused to remove the review . This is just fabulous idiocy in my opinion. I'm seriously considering deleting my account and not selling on eBay anymore. 

Unfortunately can't attach pic's of my seller dash, eBay app works extremely bad. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Earned it based upon your seller activity. Maybe selling online is not for you if you can't follow the expectations set for sellers before you listed items for sale. You did soo many things that get you strikes. They make suspend you before you get the chance to leave.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The good thing is that the additional 6% fee is temporary! You have the power to improve your below-standard rating by learning from past mistakes and making positive changes. Here's some advice to help you get back on track:

- Take responsibility for your errors: Don't cancel a transaction due to a mistake on your part. Instead, own up to it and work with the buyer to find a solution.
- Be accurate and transparent: When canceling a transaction, ensure the reason is correct, as buyers receive a cancellation email explaining the reason.
- Take accountability: Even if it means absorbing a loss, own your mistakes and make things right with the buyer.
- Communicate with honesty and respect: Build trust with buyers through open and respectful communication.
- Reassess and refine your selling strategy: If you're in it for the long haul, take this opportunity to evaluate and improve your approach to selling on eBay.

By implementing these tips, you'll be well on your way to improving your rating and avoiding that extra fee.  Every mistake is a chance to learn and grow!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

5 cancellations for a low volume seller like you used to be the death knoll for your account.

You’ve essentially been given a fine and a second chance.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@timono wrote: .... 2) 5 cases when I canceled an order in which I discovered a defect during the packaging process, selling a product of poor quality is beneath my dignity. I did not imagine that it would have such an impact later. ...

The time to assess product quality and condition is BEFORE you sell it.  Canceling transactions based on "Out of stock" is a very serious offense and as you've seen can put you into "Below standard" status.  Have you read the help page about seller performance evaluation, especially the section on "Seller defect rate"?

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347

Message 5 of 5
latest reply