cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False negative feedback

I sold 2 high end Collectibles (sealed vhs) to a buyer who then wanted to return them after more than a month and after supposedly sending the 2 items to a 3rd party (grading company). They said the grading company couldn't verify them. The pictures and description they sent me were not the same items I sent and since my items were "Pedigreed" by a different grading company I refused the return. I felt and still feel they were trying to scam me by returning fake items and keeping the real items they had received.  They left me negative feedback for both items. Fast forward around a year later, and I find the buyer has changed their eBay name and has the items I sold them graded and for sale on ebay. I've messaged them and asked for a revision, but get no response. Is there a way to contact ebay and get this feedback removed? It doesn't affect my feedback score (I'm top-rated and at 100%), but their feedback is lengthy and implies that I sell fraudulent items, which is 1000% untrue. More than anything it bothers me when I check my feedback and see literally 100s and 100s and 100s of positive feedbacks (these are the only 2 negative I've had in almost 12 years on ebay) and there sits these 2 false ones. We work very very very hard at keeping our positive feedback and at times we give in to customers and lose money just to do so. This seems unfair. I know life is unfair, etc, etc, and it shouldn't bother me, but it does. We pride ourselves on great customer service, fast and secure shipping, and great 1 of a kind items, I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but.. smh..

Any advice is appreciated. TIA

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

False negative feedback

After one year, the negatives should not reflect on your feedback score anymore. We have all been there! If you leave a comment explaining the situation, any buyers checking your feedback will see both sides. As a buyer myself, I take into consideration the seller's reason over the buyer's one.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

False negative feedback

You have great feedback and the two negative feedback will roll off after a year. (soon)

Don't worry about it and move on.  IMHO

As a buyer and collector of certain media, i would not hesitate to buy from your store based on your current feedback. Just keep doing what you are doing!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

False negative feedback

They will be gone soon. They aren't on the front page, and they don't show in your "Most relevant" sort either.

The sales were more than a year ago, Mar 10, 2023, and they aren't being included in your feedback percentage calculation. They won't show up in the ratings table once it has been a year since the feedback was left.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

False negative feedback

That was a long time ago.

No one is going to look at 2 old negative feedbacks.

Nothing you can legally do to change it. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

False negative feedback

Negative feedback pure and simple sucks, BUT I really do think most ebay users see through the scammers and can tell when a seller did the right thing.Think about it, you see another good top rated seller with maybe 3 or 4 negatives in a year does it bother you that much..you read it an think the buyer was Impatient Ill Informed or just a chronic complainer.EVERYONE gets their money back so there is almost no need for Negatives (but I'm sure many a Karens disagree) Mistakes happen and really what seller would try to scam anyone here when we have to accept every return and pay the shipping back and also get whipped by Ebay what seller with any self respect would intentionally do that??

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

False negative feedback

After a year?  You couldn't get a revision on feedback that old, plus after 12 months it wouldn't be reflected on your feedback percentage, it will also no longer be visible unless someone went page by page looking for it.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply