cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback System Needs To Be Reimagined / Revamped

As a seller on eBay for over 23 years, nothing has been more painful to deal with on eBay than Unreasonable Feedback from hateful, angry, malicious, vindictive, extortionist buyers. 

Happy customers are less inclined to leave a Positive Feedback.

Why do we need to be evaluated on how much we talk to buyers?? Am I the only one here who just wants to sell and not have to be forced to have conversations with these people? I'm not trying to be their friend, I just want to fulfill transactions and make money. Dont judge me on communication. I do not want to do it if I do not have to.

Suggestions to eBay:

DO NOT ALLOW BUYERS TO LEAVE NEGATIVE REVIEWS UNTIL FIRST:

1) Buyer has opened communication with the seller through eBay messages. If a communication hasn't been initiated, negative feedback will not be able to be left.

2) Buyer must Allow 3 Business Days after Product is delivered to be able to leave a negative review.

3) If there is truly a problem, feedback should not be allowed to be left for a seller until a case or dispute is filed. If no case is filed, no negative feedback should be left.

4) Allow a seller 24-48 hour to respond to the communication created from buyer.

5) Buyer needs to check a box that the feedback they are leaving is factually accurate and they responsible for the words they've written, legally.

6) Ebay needs to be more lenient on feedback removals. Buyer leave reviews often for nonsense reasons (They damaged the item, They misused the product, They provided an invalid mailing address, They are impatient on courier delivery time, They didn't read the listing, The were bad at communications)

7) How About NOT leaving a 'Positive', 'Neutral' Or 'Negative' feedback? How about buyers only able to leave star reviews across metrics?

We all know that people tend to act with aggression and haste out of compulsion; angry-in-the-moment. There needs to be a cooling off period before a buyer can just ruin a sellers reputation then disappear forever. I have grown angry and resentful having to deal with these people. I just want it to be fair for BOTH buyers AND sellers. 

Can anyone add more to this?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@germanaudiotech 

Good Morning. I looked at your feedback, and a lot of it seems that you had complete control over, and didn’t do your due diligence. 

1. There was a radio that was supposed to have a feature on it, and it did not . Sirius  Radio. Did the customer contact you about this. If so you should have taken care of it. In the first thing, you would need to check your listings for accuracy.

2. I saw another one where the buyer says you didn’t respond. 

all of those things are very important and will contribute to customer satisfaction.  I see a lot of communication issues, that could have been resolved. Stop say “it’s not my fault”. Trust me, you are the seller and it is your fault.  Also you say you are in the US, but are you? 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@germanaudiotech 

Sorry for your frustration.  Unfortunately you can't please everyone.  You have many more buyers singing your praises.  23 years of good service is quite an accomplishment and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from you in a minute.  Try to focus on all the positives you've achieved.  Many sellers these days don't hang around long here on eBay.  Congrats that you did! 

Have a better day & Happy Selling 😊

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I'm slightly confused by your post stating you don't wish to have communication with those people (buyers), and yet you wish ebay to mandate a buyer contact you prior to feedback. 

At least ebay did get more lenient with feedback by no longer making neg or neutrals count as defects.  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@germanaudiotech wrote:

As a seller on eBay for over 23 years, nothing has been more painful to deal with on eBay than Unreasonable Feedback from hateful, angry, malicious, vindictive, extortionist buyers. 

Happy customers are less inclined to leave a Positive Feedback.

Why do we need to be evaluated on how much we talk to buyers?? Am I the only one here who just wants to sell and not have to be forced to have conversations with these people? I'm not trying to be their friend, I just want to fulfill transactions and make money. Dont judge me on communication. I do not want to do it if I do not have to.

Suggestions to eBay:

DO NOT ALLOW BUYERS TO LEAVE NEGATIVE REVIEWS UNTIL FIRST:

1) Buyer has opened communication with the seller through eBay messages. If a communication hasn't been initiated, negative feedback will not be able to be left.

2) Buyer must Allow 3 Business Days after Product is delivered to be able to leave a negative review.

3) If there is truly a problem, feedback should not be allowed to be left for a seller until a case or dispute is filed. If no case is filed, no negative feedback should be left.

4) Allow a seller 24-48 hour to respond to the communication created from buyer.

5) Buyer needs to check a box that the feedback they are leaving is factually accurate and they responsible for the words they've written, legally.

6) Ebay needs to be more lenient on feedback removals. Buyer leave reviews often for nonsense reasons (They damaged the item, They misused the product, They provided an invalid mailing address, They are impatient on courier delivery time, They didn't read the listing, The were bad at communications)

7) How About NOT leaving a 'Positive', 'Neutral' Or 'Negative' feedback? How about buyers only able to leave star reviews across metrics?

We all know that people tend to act with aggression and haste out of compulsion; angry-in-the-moment. There needs to be a cooling off period before a buyer can just ruin a sellers reputation then disappear forever. I have grown angry and resentful having to deal with these people. I just want it to be fair for BOTH buyers AND sellers. 

Can anyone add more to this?

Contradictory terms??? I am confused.

Do you WANT communication or  do you NOT want communication?

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Your responses to your less than positive FB and reviews, on Ebay, Amazon and with the BBB do you more harm than the buyer opinions.

You respond in a defensive manner which makes the buyer opinions have greater credibility.

Clearly. most of your sales go well, but when they do not. you seem too defensive and less than accommodating.

Do you have someone who is less emotionally involved who can write your responses?

The FB system has outgrown its usefulness. It will not be dropped. But it can be managed better than you are managing it.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo 

I looked at the other feedback you mentioned, and the seller needs to do something about the nasty responses. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for posting this. I reached out to the buyer and they stated what was wrong with the item. I replied my pictures don’t show that how can I make this right. Never heard back and thought how odd, to be so negative and not contact me. Their reply was ok. eBay refused to get involved or remove stating it’s the buyers opinion. Fine, but to be safe I blocked the buyer. Best decision I made they tried to buy other items from me, I feel it was to make more false claims against me. I am clear in all of my listings and have started grading items one below appearance so I can hopefully avoid this. No communication from the buyer is a red flag for me, especially after I reached out 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply