cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback and phone and chat

Well ebay phone support is at 11:50 AM saying that is past operating hours.

So I have to chat.

Buyer supplies wrong address and asks us to ship to a different one. Reported buyer. Cancelled sale and told them to re-purchase with the proper address. Buyer insisted that it was my fault the wrong address showed up. Weeks later leaves neutral.

Chat sends me to the new feedback removal request.

I have complete confidence that even this simple and obvious removal will be denied.

Used to be a simple 2 minute phone call.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

I have a major dispute with Buyer -  sale purchase Feb.28, 2024. Buyer posted negative rating stating the Yo-Yo he purchased fell aprt on first use. I offered a full money back refund when he sent back the item. He refused posted a negative review and stated that he would not return the item because I would turn around sell it again and scam & cheat another person. There is something really wrong with this person. 

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

@pwalker312 wrote:

Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx. I have a major dispute with Buyer -  sale purchase Feb.28, 2024. Buyer posted negative rating stating the Yo-Yo he purchased fell aprt on first use. I offered a full money back refund when he sent back the item. He refused posted a negative review and stated that he would not return the item because I would turn around sell it again and scam & cheat another person. There is something really wrong with this person. 

@pwalker312 
NEVER ever post your own phone number on a public forum! (I've redacted it in my quote of your post.)

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

@pwalker312 wrote:

Buyer posted negative rating stating the Yo-Yo he purchased fell aprt on first use.

I offered a full money back refund when he sent back the item. He refused posted a negative review and stated that he would not return the item because I would turn around sell it again and scam & cheat another person.

There is something really wrong with this person. 

Pip, that feedback @pwalker312 can't be removed as it doesn't vibrate/violate policy.

In fact, it doesn't even say what you say it says.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Why do you need to call or chat with eBay? 
Can't you just use the feedback removal tool
I have never needed to call eBay to remove feedback with that tool. 

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

@pwalker312 wrote:

I have a major dispute with Buyer 

Start your own thread then

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Can't you just use the feedback removal tool

I mean ebay may surprise me and do the right thing but I would not bet money on that...not with this near useless tool.

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Not useless I've had quite a few negative and neutral feedback removed with it. 
One as recently as a few weeks ago. 
But you can do it the way you want..I was just offering a suggestion.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Not useless I've had quite a few negative and neutral feedback removed with it. 
One as recently as a few weeks ago. 
But you can do it the way you want..I was just offering a suggestion.

I have had zero positive outcomes across multiple accounts with even the easiest to remove feedback.

I still used it here but I have no faith in it.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

I offered a full money back refund when he sent back the item.

That option was available to him whether you offered it or not.

He refused posted a negative review

Buyers are not required to return items in order to leave negative feedback. In fact, for some buyers having to return an item requires visiting a post office during work hours and would only make a negative experience even worse.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

The automated FB removal function is not new.  It is however the 1st step Ebay would like us to take when trying to have FB removed.

Usually the findings from the automated feature is known to the seller in a short period of time.  Have you still not received a response?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 31
latest reply

@pwalker312 wrote:

I have a major dispute with Buyer -  sale purchase Feb.28, 2024. Buyer posted negative rating stating the Yo-Yo he purchased fell aprt on first use. I offered a full money back refund when he sent back the item. He refused posted a negative review and stated that he would not return the item because I would turn around sell it again and scam & cheat another person. There is something really wrong with this person. 

While your back story on this certainly would be concerning as a seller.  What the buyer actually said in the FB they left for you does not break any rule, so it would not get removed.  They have to say something in the FB in most cases that breaks one of the FB rules.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Just I expected, removal denied.

Thaks for your stellar new feedback removal tool ebay.

What a joke.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Yes, it is hard to get an FB removed that doesn't break any rule.  I respect why you want it removed, but the buyer has to say something that is against policy and they simply didn't.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

I want to clear something up...

You may have cancelled a sale that wasn't the buyer's fault.

There is an ongoing scam where members are trolling recently sold items through search, and then messaging the seller with the "change of address" request, but the member messaging the seller is NOT the buyer!

The seller often doesn't realize the two are not the same, thinks it is the buyer making this request and cancels the sale. Unfortunately ....

And I say unfortunately because now another whole can of worms opens up:
Unfortunately we have drop shippers who, when their supplier is "out of stock" also cancel sales for reason "Buyer Asked / Problem with address" and thus ebay no longer denies a buyer the ability to leave neutral / negative feedback and there's a good chance, since you cancelled this buyer's sale for that reason that ebay isn't taking a particularly positive view on this.

That said the real reason ebay denied the removal request is quite simply because the feedback did not violate policy, however let it also be known to sellers that merely cancelling a buyer's purchase for reason "Buyer Asked / Problem with buyer's address" no longer prevents that buyer from leaving neutral / negative feedback, not even reporting the buyer prevents that so think twice before cancelling a sale.

The outcome...
ALWAYS double check those message ID's to make SURE it is actually your buyer asking you to change the address, by comparing the message ID with the item's buyer purchase ID.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply