cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback no longer showing item number?

I used that to look at buyers feedback when it says 'repeat buyer' so I can see what they bought and when? Now, nothing shown?? 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I still see the item number (as an active link no less) when I look at your feedback page.  Did you click "See All Feedback" or were you just looking at the initial feedback page with whatever "relevant" feedback it shows at first?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

I still see the item number (as an active link no less) when I look at your feedback page.  Did you click "See All Feedback" or were you just looking at the initial feedback page with whatever "relevant" feedback it shows at first?

@brightlightbookseller I'm talking about looking at Other Peoples feedback (like my buyers...when they buy, it says 'repeat customer' and I always looked at their feedback received to find what I sold them in the past). 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

@brightlightbookseller I'm talking about looking at Other Peoples feedback (like my buyers...when they buy, it says 'repeat customer' and I always looked at their feedback received to find what I sold them in the past). 

Mine doesn't show that.

I don't think it ever did.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Hmmmm.

If I just click on someone's (anyone's) feedback it shows me item numbers.
But from my seller hub "all orders", If i look for a repeat buyer (or any buyer for that matter) and click on their  feedback, it does not show me item numbers.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Me too. When you go to feedback it just says "Verified Purchase"  I don't know why they left out the item numbers now?  Under "Orders"  I use to see "Repeat buyer" as you mentioned.  I don't know if they got rid of "Repeat buyer". 

You will have to go to  "Orders" and search from last year and this year, etc. if you want to know what they bought in the past now.  Another nice advancement by eBay I guess.   lol

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Hmmmm.

If I just click on someone's (anyone's) feedback it shows me item numbers.
But from my seller hub "all orders", If i look for a repeat buyer (or any buyer for that matter) and click on their  feedback, it does not show me item numbers.

@inhawaii - so if you click on one of your buyers (try most recent) feedback, you will see item numbers that you can click on right below the feedback, for every feedback?? (that's what I used to see, now just 'verified purchase')

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@cardsforauction wrote:

Me too. When you go to feedback it just says "Verified Purchase"  I don't know why they left out the item numbers now?  Under "Orders"  I use to see "Repeat buyer" as you mentioned.  I don't know if they got rid of "Repeat buyer". 

You will have to go to  "Orders" and search from last year and this year, etc. if you want to know what they bought in the past now.  Another nice advancement by eBay I guess.   lol

@cardsforauction that is exactly what I see- nothing except Verified Purchase. Just started yesterday (Weds 4/24). 

@steve_stuff  devon@ebay 

Steve, Devon- can you get with the team and please tell them to Change This Back?? This Cannot be a 'new thing' as it is very detrimental to some sellers (I look at past purchases, many times find they bought a part for 2009-2013 last month and are now buying for same car but 2005-2007, I message them and many times the response is "oh, I made a mistake" and then I can respond with "no problem, I will build/ship you the correct part".  NOW, I will be seeing MANY MORE unnecessary returns. 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Repeat buyer is still there in your "manage all orders" hub. I had one this morning.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@gloryglorygifts wrote:

Repeat buyer is still there in your "manage all orders" hub. I had one this morning.

@gloryglorygifts yes; but that is a VERY tedious, time consuming process as I have buyers that bought 2 weeks ago or 2 months ago or 10 months ago or 2 years ago. To go through 'all' those orders would take forever at 1800 a year! 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Are you saying that you could look at a buyer's feedback and see item numbers of what they bought from all sellers or just from you?   I haven't been able to see an item number in buyer's feedback for a long time. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Are you saying that you could look at a buyer's feedback and see item numbers of what they bought from all sellers or just from you?   I haven't been able to see an item number in buyer's feedback for a long time. 

@pjcdn2005 Just from me- when a buyer bought from me, because I have 'automatic feedback' I left for Every Buyer, then I could just 'scroll' through their feedback, find my name and get an idea 'when' they bought from me, and if less than 90 days, just 'click' on the transaction/item number and it would take me to it to see what they bought. If over 90 days, I could still see the trans/item number but had to copy/paste it on another 'screen of ebay' to see the item. 

Was VERY helpful. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Might I suggest @stainlessenginecovers going to your Orders page in Seller Hub, expanding the top search filter, searching by userid and changing the date range to "custom" - entering past 2 years?

Or, if you get eBay sale notification emails, do a quick search of your emails for userid?

I always found those 2 methods quicker than searching through the buyer's feedback. Perhaps it will help you deal with this change. 🤷

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Might I suggest @stainlessenginecovers going to your Orders page in Seller Hub, expanding the top search filter, searching by userid and changing the date range to "custom" - entering past 2 years?

Or, if you get eBay sale notification emails, do a quick search of your emails for userid?

I always found those 2 methods quicker than searching through the buyer's feedback. Perhaps it will help you deal with this change. 🤷

@wastingtime101 thanks- that does work- a bit 'more' work vs just clicking their feedback, but it does work. Thanks (still don't know why they keep 'fixing' things that don't need fixing). 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I use the search bar on my orders to look up prior orders. You can do a search by profile name. Sometimes it helps. I'm like you. I want to know when and what they ordered. My pet peeve is when someone places two orders on the same day, because they don't know how to add them to their cart and then check out, and it shows as repeat customer. There are flaws to the system in reporting the repeat buyers but it does help me at least to search.  

Message 15 of 16
latest reply