cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a little bit aggravated

2 day ago ebay started playing around with the platform and all day long had to fight to get things listed, everytime I get half way through and then before I can hit list I get the circle of death....I go check and sure enough ebay has vanished off the net...when it finally comes back up I have to start all over with the listing, after the 5th attempt I simply gave up shut and ebay off, Yesterday happens again off and on...today I got 1 listing up before the wheels fell off again.....plus everytime they pull the site down sales stop for a couple days. I also have noticed reading the forum here that many buyers cannot make purchases...

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

This is most likely on your end.  I recommend clearing cookies.  

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Yeah, trying to list and getting the "We've looked everywhere" error message off and on. If it occurs when completing a listing, it dumps all of your work. I guess I'll have to wait a few days before going back to putting up new items.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

i have been getting that alot the last 2 days. so its not just you, i stopped listing right now its not worth the hassle.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

It's not cookies. If it were cookies it would happen every time....not intermittently.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I used to have that problem and think it was Ebay that caused it. Turned out to be my internet speed. I paid for 500 MBPS and was only getting 30 MBPS because that was all the router my provider was capable of. I lost all kind of work because of it and I kept complaining to Ebay. Check your internet speed.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

anytime i am making a new listing, and either

a) power goes out for a second

b) internet connection goes south

c) most any other anomaly

once i re-open my ebay, my work is right there is a draft (even though I did not save it) where i left off....

unfinished and I can pickup where i left off......

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

There is some tinkering for a stated period on Thursdays, and yes the site has glitches, but it never 'vanishes off the net' nor do they 'pull the site down'. I can't answer to your sales ups and downs in sales, but if you're using a desktop or laptop to list, I suggest you use something like CC Cleaner and clean up your hard drive.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Or check your internet connection. If you're repeatedly having problems loading sites, it's most likely something with your connection.

Mine will do that occasionally and I just need to disconnect my computer from the wifi and then connect again to fix it.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@quicksilverdiecast  You've got two things to check now - data loss and connection. Are the failed attempts to list being saved as drafts?

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

It is starting again I managed to get three listings up, it not on my end, as I can use a hot spot, and have 3 different servers, cleared CC...its ebay, and has been since late last week intermittently....

Message 13 of 13
latest reply