cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the category breakdown that shows how things are listed, disappeared from the top of the page?

Has the category breakdown that shows how things are listed disappeared from across the top of the page? It is very useful for me as a seller to see how I should list similar items, and also useful for me as a buyer to give me a variety of ideas on how to search for things to buy. Hope it has just temporarily disappeared. I refer to it all the time. 😞

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Has the category breakdown that shows how things are listed, disappeared from the top of the page?

@d.s.turner 

I noticed the category path missing on listings a couple of hours ago, however, checking now I see it is showing.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Are you talking about the "string" or "pathway" (whatever it's called) of category refinement, like this?  

851E3AB3-69AB-41E3-BE77-72A0827D42DA_1_201_a.jpeg

This is my own listing, but I checked and I see them on other sellers' pages too, just like normal. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I don't see it either though I did see it the other day.  I have noticed that when you searched in certain ways, that information didn't show up but now I can't see it with  any type of search.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I'm sure this is something that eBay is looking into and will share more insight into in 3-5 weeks.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Now that is odd! I checked half a dozen listings before I replied and there was no 'pathway' on any of them. But I see it now.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@d.s.turner 

I noticed the category path missing on listings a couple of hours ago, however, checking now I see it is showing.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Are using a cellphone to view your items?    I viewed your listings on a computer and can see the category pathway on top of your listings.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I've noticed lately that some listings will show the categories and others won't.

I don't know if it's an Ebay problem or browser?

Have a great day
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Yes, it was missing for a while, and now it shows up. Maybe it was a temporary eBay server glitch. Glad to see it back!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Viewed on a MacBook Pro with 2 different browsers in case that had anything to do with it. Problem seems to have been on eBay's end, since others here noticed the same thing where it was gone temporarily, and then back to normal within a short time. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Temporary eBay problem. All better now. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

It is working now.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Yes. It is back to normal now.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply