cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I send an invoice?

Hello,  customer purchased a shirt from my store and the item was under Authenticity Guarantee (it was forced upon me when I was listing the item). However,  when I try to send an invoice, this is what i get on ebay "item(s) that are part of the Authenticity Guarantee Program have been removed. Invoice(s) for these items must be sent separately".  There is no way for me to send an invoice...can you help how to?

thank you

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If the buyer purchased only 1 item, why do you need to send an invoice?

General info on sending invoices:

There's no reason to send an invoice unless you have to make an adjustment, for example combined shipping costs or adding another shipping method the buyer requested.

eBay sends out payment reminders to buyers automatically. Sending invoices is a duplication of efforts and clogs the buyer's inbox.

Sending an invoice locks in the shipping cost. That could have a big financial impact on someone that uses calculated shipping. The shipping price gets locked in based on the buyer's default location, but if they change the address at checkout to have that item shipped to Mom across the country, that shipping cost can change by leaps and bounds and seller is out the $$.

Finally, sending an invoice resets the clock on when an order can be cancelled for non-payment when sellers handle UPIs manually. The automated system will cancel based on the seller's settings regardless of sending an invoice, but when you use the manual process and an invoice is sent it resets the clock, giving the buyer an additional 4 days before the system will let the seller cancel.

This page has instructions for the unpaid item process and setting up auto-cancellations in the future.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

If the buyer purchased only 1 item, why do you need to send an invoice?

General info on sending invoices:

There's no reason to send an invoice unless you have to make an adjustment, for example combined shipping costs or adding another shipping method the buyer requested.

eBay sends out payment reminders to buyers automatically. Sending invoices is a duplication of efforts and clogs the buyer's inbox.

Sending an invoice locks in the shipping cost. That could have a big financial impact on someone that uses calculated shipping. The shipping price gets locked in based on the buyer's default location, but if they change the address at checkout to have that item shipped to Mom across the country, that shipping cost can change by leaps and bounds and seller is out the $$.

Finally, sending an invoice resets the clock on when an order can be cancelled for non-payment when sellers handle UPIs manually. The automated system will cancel based on the seller's settings regardless of sending an invoice, but when you use the manual process and an invoice is sent it resets the clock, giving the buyer an additional 4 days before the system will let the seller cancel.

This page has instructions for the unpaid item process and setting up auto-cancellations in the future.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply