cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a seller with 4 negative feedback still have 100% positive feedback rating?

Just curious if anyone can explain how a seller with 4 negative feedbacks can still have a 100% positive feedback rating? I spoke with eBay concierge and they had no answers and stated they would look into it. Can anyone else make any sense out of this?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

How does a seller with 4 negative feedback still have 100% positive feedback rating?

1.  As noted in the other post, the negs might be more than 12 months old.

2. Even if it looks like they are less than 12 months old, the time period used for calculating percentage is slightly different from the 12-month period displayed in the summary box at the top of the feedback page so older negs might show up in that box but not be included in the percentage calculation.

3.  If the seller has an enormous number of feedback in the past 12 months, then the 4 negs might still work out to 100% due to rounding, i.e., the percentage is 99.95% or greater.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

If those 4 negative feedbacks are over a year old.

The percentage calculation only goes back one year.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

If you are seeing 4 negative feedback and they only appear under 12 months and percentage rating is 100% that means those negative feedbacks are about to roll off. 
As yours nears 12months to the date you received it, you'll see the same thing.

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

1.  As noted in the other post, the negs might be more than 12 months old.

2. Even if it looks like they are less than 12 months old, the time period used for calculating percentage is slightly different from the 12-month period displayed in the summary box at the top of the feedback page so older negs might show up in that box but not be included in the percentage calculation.

3.  If the seller has an enormous number of feedback in the past 12 months, then the 4 negs might still work out to 100% due to rounding, i.e., the percentage is 99.95% or greater.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

It's 6 months now, so you'll still see the neg hits on the feedback page till 12 months pass, but not on the items' listing pages where the rating % is displayed. A lot of it is fake anyway now. No way that 3 different buyers say exactly the same thing. You guys should have done eBay 25 years ago when I started. No Chinese storefronts (no stores at all), no Buy It Now (auction only), and you could see your buyer's or seller's phone numbers and addresses; we used to accept checks too (7 day hold). If you hadn't done business, just a click request and eBay would give it to you. You could sell a pair of boxers that you had worn and not washed (some high-priced stuff there). One of my best friends of 20 years came from a phone call over a pair of jeans. It used to be great and a social type of selling site. It's sad what has happened to it.

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

@spinner135 wrote:

It's 6 months now, so you'll still see the neg hits on the feedback page till 12 months pass, but not on the items' listing pages where the rating % is displayed. A lot of it is fake anyway now. No way that 3 different buyers say exactly the same thing. You guys should have done eBay 25 years ago when I started. No Chinese storefronts (no stores at all), no Buy It Now (auction only), and you could see your buyer's or seller's phone numbers and addresses; we used to accept checks too (7 day hold). If you hadn't done business, just a click request and eBay would give it to you. You could sell a pair of boxers that you had worn and not washed (some high-priced stuff there). One of my best friends of 20 years came from a phone call over a pair of jeans. It used to be great and a social type of selling site. It's sad what has happened to it.

Many of us WERE here 25 years ago. Ecommerce grew up, for better or for worse. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 34
latest reply

@masterblasterplanet 

The answers is ALWAYS in the math.  

If in the past 12 months a seller has 4 negs and 10,000 FB, their FB percentage is 99.96% FB, so likely displayed at 100%.

10,000 / 10,004 = 99.96%

You take the total number of positive FB and divide it by the total number of positive FB PLUS the number of negative FB to arrive at your percentage.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Auctions only, checks, 7 day holds and dirty boxers .... doesn't sound so great LOL!!  

As for 3 buyers saying the exact same thing, those aren't fake accounts.  When you go to leave feedback on purchases eBay offers pre-written positive comments you can choose rather than write your own.  I don't use it, but I don't disparage those who do.  It saves time if they need to catch up feedback on a lot of purchases, and I imagine it's a welcome relief for someone with dyslexia.  

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

I've seen several posts recently about this concierge service you mention, I'm curious about who pays for this special service to be available for questions like this?

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

I think it used to come with Anchor and/or Enterprise stores.  Have also heard that some sellers are "invited" to receive the service.... 

Payment for those services would be provided by eBay from store fees and other seller fees. 

Posting ID
Message 10 of 34
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I've seen several posts recently about this concierge service you mention, I'm curious about who pays for this special service to be available for questions like this?

A long time ago Ebay invited certain sellers to be part of having a Concierge service.  it was a mixture of sellers of many sizes.  To my knowledge they haven't ever expanded the service beyond the initial invitation process.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 34
latest reply

I've seen a lot of posts by people who had it but found it very disappointing compared to what they expected or what it used to be like.  Hopefully @masterblasterplanet  won't be another post-n-vanish thread starter, and will clarify whether the 4 negatives he saw were given within the past year or not.  If they were, then concierge service must be truly useless, because percent positive calculation is such basic knowledge.  

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

Ebay has changed the way they display feedback......

You are seeing "relevant" feedback which can show negs that are more than 1 year old , yet do not count on the other 1,6, 12 month  image which will show at 100% if no negs are there.

You would think ebay employees would KNOW this information.

janet9988_0-1712514765401.png

janet9988_1-1712514809082.png

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 13 of 34
latest reply

@janet9988 wrote:

You would think ebay employees would KNOW this information.

Not just employees but elite Concierge employees.  

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

I know I'm still showing one on my feedback but it is over a year old. There seems to be a glitch with them disappearing, though I am back to 100% now.

Message 15 of 34
latest reply