cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Default package details?

When listing an item under "package details" the default measurements used to be around 14-9-5 for me so when I list a first class item I would not have to waist any time changing the measurements. Now ebay has changed my default measurements to 25-15-10 so the amount charging the buyer for shipping is 3 times as much! Now I have to take a few seconds every listing to change the measurements to under the price change amount so my shipping will always be the same cheap option for first class small items, and that's hoping I remember. So is there a way to change the default package details for what every listing will start out at? Without using listing templates as I currently list on my phone using the ebay app which does not support templates

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

when you say default..........are you using sell similar or using relist and then changing what needs to be changed? 

I would think both (but don't use sell similar)  would "hold" the dimensions.....but then you have to change other stuff..........and I don't use a phone........so that could be different also......

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I start all my listings from scratch, takes about 2 to 3 minutes to finish each listing for me, "list an item" is the button I click to start listing

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

when you say default..........are you using sell similar or using relist and then changing what needs to be changed? 

I would think both (but don't use sell similar)  would "hold" the dimensions.....but then you have to change other stuff..........and I don't use a phone........so that could be different also......

I use either Sell Similar or Relist very often for new listings in my selling account. Both methods will bring forward the package details that were used last time.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Your listings show that you are using eBay international shipping so I wonder if that somehow changed your defaults.  But don’t they need accurate measurements so that the correct price is charged for international?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I do the same and been doing it for year and it always defaults to 25 inches and have to change it ever time. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thread is a year old.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply