cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There A Drought Going On??? NO POLITICS PLEASE

I hate these threads, but did someone pull the plug? I have consistent sales…not that I am getting rich, but they are steady. This week and it actually started last weekend have been non existent. 

Over last weekend I noticed it,  I I have one sale today, and nothing for 4 days previously. Yes, I know the market is saturated, but  75% drop the last 7 days. 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

@myfrugalboutique 

Good morning

My sales on all 3 of my shops have been down somewhat.  I figure it's tax time and some people just may not have the extra funds to spend.  JMO.

Wishing you a busier and sales filled weekend!

Happy Selling

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Normally I chalk it up to the ebbs and flows of ecommerce (or really any retail), but this could be having an impact on some sellers:

https://www.ebay.com/sts/updates/2

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller  I was not aware of that. There are a lot of “issues” that seem to be slow to resolve. 

‘’Thank you. 

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

starting over the weekend sales took a deep dive and has hardly surfaced for air. it has been like this for the last few years. around tax time slows but picks up in april-june then back to snail pace for the summer months. doesnt matter if you work harder, drop prices or beg buyers sales will just be very slow on ebay certain times of the year. (at least in my experience, im sure someone will come by and say they dont see a problem at all with there 100000+ listing of cheap garbage)

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Was not aware of that, Thanks For The Info!

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

@logical_collection  I don’t think there is a lot of cheap junk on eBay. I guess it is all relative. The drop shippers who continue to get by  selling goods from other sites and have thousands of listings IMHO don’t have a big impact. 

My experience has been consistent. Never big drops or a drought like this last week. 

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

@logical_collection ,

Apparently you have not heard the quote. One man's garbage is another man's treasure. 

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller ,

Very interesting. That would explain my drop in sales around that time. Seems to be coming back but not quite back to normal for me.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

i was just being facetious. point being someone elses experience is not the same as mine. i just sell gun parts, its been the same theme based on buyers having free time to work on projects for me. 

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Exact same thing is happening to me.  That's why I came to the board to see if it anyone else was having this drop.  I don't even have watchers or looks.  

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Yep! A couple weeks ago I was selling pretty consistently and then no sales now in over a week. I have been listing something almost every day.

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

march was my best month since doing this seriously since 2014, april im down 72.7% from last month at this time. my brother is to, so something is weird for sure

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Had the same drop in sales...but my "repeat buyers" are keeping me going.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Well I guess the consistency in answers tells us something.  I did a relist yesterday which normally jumps my sales. I also added a 20% off coupon. Nothing happened. Well I did sell one item around midnight. I changed to a markdown sale this morning…ditched the coupon, and I have had 4 orders. 

Something is going on. 

Message 15 of 30
latest reply