cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Fee when Revisings Existing Listing?

I listed an item with a subtitle. If I revise the listing and remove the subtitle, will eBay still charge the listing fee for the subtitle?

I couldn't find a definitive answer . As I changed my mind and want to recoup the subtitle costs. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Been there - Revising the listing is without cost, but you will still have incurred the subtitle fee.   (I'm assuming the listing is already live)

When I first trying to sell, I called ebay CS when I did this without realizing and the agent said they'd revert the charge but I'm not sure that happened.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@boutique_ends wrote: .... If I revise the listing and remove the subtitle, will eBay still charge the listing fee for the subtitle? ...

Yes. Listing upgrade (subtitle, reserve, etc.) fees are charged when the listing goes live and are not refundable.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I might add...

If you've taken away the subtitle, when the listing renews after 30 days, you will not be charged the subtitle fee.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@boutique_ends wrote:

I listed an item with a subtitle. If I revise the listing and remove the subtitle, will eBay still charge the listing fee for the subtitle?

I couldn't find a definitive answer . As I changed my mind and want to recoup the subtitle costs. 

Listing upgrade fees are charge at the time of listing (and again if it renews), whether the item sells or not. 

eBay will not not refund the cost of the subtitle. Think about it - if they did, then every seller would remove the subtitle seconds before the listing ended and get the benefit of it for free.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes, you have to pay up. Otherwise everyone would use extra features and then change it back to no features.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

There was no 'definitive' answer because it's not something anyone should expect. You paid for a 'service' of which you 'used' the moment you clicked the 'list it' button, which showed you exactly what it would cost for you to push that 'list it' button.

It's like wanting a refund for that whip cream on your Latte'

Once it's squirted out of the can, it's yours. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply