cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like the Display/Store Ads Beta is rolling out

To see if you have this, check your Seller Hub>Store Tab>

IF you have this, you will see---

in the left column, under "Promote Stores" --- "Set up Store Ads" (NEW).

Click that, and you'll see this:

mycottagebooksandantiques_0-1693451780815.png

And you can go from there to set up your campaign, should you actually want to.

A couple things to note:

1. In typical ebay fashion, this is referred to as "Store Ads" in the Stores section, but here it is referred to as "Promoted Display" or "Display Ads."  Consistency has never been an ebay strongpoint.

2. The ad is not for a particular item, it is per category. At present, it looks like you must use ebay's category structure, NOT your store's category structure. I doubt that that will change.

3. Ads will apparently appear on competing listing pages chosen by ebay presumably because the item on the page is related in some way to your chosen category. (I think you can narrow the focus to ebay sub categories)

Location of ad: As shown here, which we had determined previously:

mycottagebooksandantiques_1-1693452402486.png

What does the ad look like? Well, ebay chooses images from your listings and chooses "text" it considers relevant. At present, it does not appear that you have any choice when it comes to which images are chosen or which text ebay proceeds to use. Here are three different ads ebay could run, for example:

mycottagebooksandantiques_2-1693452662133.png

Easy set-up: This is Pay Per Click, like Promoted Listings Advanced, and so you set your bid amount for each click, set your daily limit total, set your start and end dates, and give the ad campaign a name...and then, I gather, you have entered the fast-paced ,exciting, and no doubt profitable (at least for ebay) world of Store Ads! Or Display Ads! Or whatever ebay finally decides to call them!

Anyone else seeing this? 

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

I should add, now in the Marketing tab>Advertising Dashboard, in the "Campaign Type" dropdown, I now have the option "Promoted Display" along with PLS and PLA. Of course, since I'm not actually running a campaign, I can't comment further about the info contained in the PD's dashboard.

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

No, I cannot find what you are seeing. 

While this is interesting...I would never use this because with "per click fee" you have no idea how much you will get stuck paying and no guarantee that customer will even purchase item.   To me...it just seems like another money grab by EBAY.

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

Okay...now I found what you are looking at.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

@caldreamer  So you have this? My guess is they are going to try to get this rolled out to most everyone in time for ebay Open at the end of September.

And , as you note this pay per click. You do set a daily limit, so you have some control over how much you spend. My guess is, relatively few people are using this right now, so there might actually be some benefit in using it before more sellers start bidding up the click rates. 

BUT...

As a reseller of single quantity, long tail items, with very few higher priced items, I think this will be like PLA for me: It just isn't worth it. On the other hand, if I was a seller of multi quantity items, especially newer items, I might consider it (same as with PLA). But I'm having a hard time seeing this as having much value for sellers of one offs. However, maybe if you sell one offs and you have thousands of items, especially in one or two categories, it might pay off.

I might be willing to play around with it if ebay gives us some sort of introductory credit, like your first $100 is on the house. LOL

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

Thanks for the warning. I'm not going near it!

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

I have it.........too early to absorb everything, but pay per click doesn't attract me.........

Message 7 of 39
latest reply

No Thanks!, Don't Want It!!, Fix All Previous Issues Before Introducing More Please!!!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

@meme6253  I'm trying to get some idea of whether this is rolling out faster now...could you at least check and see if you have it, and let me know? Not asking you to use it, just check to see if you have it...

@dhbookds  Thanks for letting me know you have it.

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

I decided to give it a shot after I saw your post last night. So far I have paid $7.30 for 32 clicks and 0 sales. I doubt I will keep this after I finish the day out.

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

This is Pay Per Click, like Promoted Listings Advanced, and so you set your bid amount for each click, set your daily limit total,

Anyone else seeing this? 

Yeah, I saw it and immediately closed out the window when I saw it was pay per click.

If it was pay on sale like PLS I would have considered testing it while putting a pause on PLS so I wouldn't pay double ad fees.

I have no interest in pay per click; that model does not work for my business.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 39
latest reply

No I do not have it yet

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

Another Money Grab!

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

Over $20 later and no sales I have turned it off. Since I sell multiples of new items and the program was so new I thought maybe I could get a little Edge and make at least a few sales from it. I was wrong and I officially do not recommend this ad program.

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

$100 so far and a $10 sale!  Woo Hoo!!!
   I'm just going thru my listings and burning up my "clicker" on other sellers adds. 🤣

Message 15 of 39
latest reply