cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sales have flatlined, what's going on with the site!

I went from $100 a day to literally zero for the last week. It seems to me when ebay changed the international shipping policy everything went dark. I promote, sell similar, send offers and nothing. I've seen videos where people have talked to a US ebay staffer and magically their stores get fixed. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I just checked your sold items.  I'm not buying this "$100 a day" thing.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

I just checked your sold items.  I'm not buying this "$100 a day" thing.

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

@justins-better-buys wrote:

I went from $100 a day to literally zero for the last week. It seems to me when ebay changed the international shipping policy everything went dark. I promote, sell similar, send offers and nothing. I've seen videos where people have talked to a US ebay staffer and magically their stores get fixed. Any suggestions?

Now I know everybody seems lo love blaming eBay every time there is a bump in the road. Follows is my sales chart for the past week. Now I know at first glance you might think I am just bragging.  NO I AM NOT.

I am showing you an object lesson. There are a gazillion sellers on eBay. On some days some of us do quite well and others don't - see the bar on the far right. BUT on other days those same of us do not so so well and others do - see the bar on the far left.

That's just the way it goes. Get used to it and do not think you ever really have any control over it.

Once you accept that you will be much happier and less frustrated.

5days.jpg

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

I believe what people are complaining about is not the day-to-day fluctuations, but rather the comparison over a period of time or for the entire year, in a seasonal or quarterly context.
To me and the majority of eBay sellers, that shows a significant downward trend.

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

@richard1rst is correct. Some days will be better than others. It all depends on what you're selling, what buyers want, and when, as well as how much they are willing to pay. The only things you have control over is how you present your listings and treat your buyer when you get a sale; everything else is just luck. I have had some items sold on the same day I listed them, and other items just sat forever until I decided to withdraw them as being past their popularity. The rest of my listings are in-between the two and take time to sell, but they will eventually.

Selling is not a guaranteed income. Sales fluctuate and always has.

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

There was some information out there about how sellers on International Shipping were on different servers that weren't working quite right, people who were in the new international program sometimes had their sales die, and when they got out of it things improved somewhat.  I have no doubt the new shipping will be great at some point for some people, but...

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdqUgbZMDAg&ab_channel=JoshGalt]

An alternate view is from a youtube and ebay seller I quite enjoy watching, that the market can change quickly and what was competitively priced last week now has a lot more intense competition, and you no longer have it listed for a price people will pay!  He has a "tough love" video on the whole topic of sales suddenly dying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVZ2yzRPMcU&ab_channel=OneFootFlipper  

Good luck!

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

The issue with the auto opt in to EIS is that even after you opted out they didn't put things back the way they were.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 7 of 40
latest reply

Your sales have flatlined, why does that mean there is something wrong with the site?

Could it POSSIBLY be that nobody is buying your stuff right now?

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 8 of 40
latest reply

"Yeah but I used to sell this much and now I only sell this much."   😉

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 9 of 40
latest reply

@justins-better-buys 

Since you have  a lot of "best offer" listings, be advised that eBay is FORCING more and more buyer IDs into the requirement for providing a payment source  PRIOR to making an offer.  Some just back out and don't bother. This feature also no longer allows a buyer to make offers on more of your listings to combine items for one shipping cost.  Some buyers refuse, others see no need in making offers on other of your items since they will have to pay the full shipping/taxes/etc. on each.  If you rely or have encouraged this  sort of activity in the past, you may need to check your BUYER REQUIREMENTS on this page (See the last one at the bottom): 

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Everyone's was set to YES when eBay placed it there in 2021.  If a buyer should make offers on multiple products, there is no more 'send an invoice' to save you and the buyer money.  Each item is a separate transaction which you will pay .30 each, instead of .30 cents for one order combined.  Each will require a separate tracking number, and fees on all the said shipping the buyer is required to pay individually. 

Some sellers think this is wonderful.  It probably will be just fine if they don't sell like items that buyers may wish to have as well.  Just something to consider. 

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

Some just back out and don't bother.

That would be the ones that send out a bunch of offers to multiple sellers for the same/similar item and then later decide which seller they are going to follow through with and which ones they will silently stiff.

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

@justins-better-buys 

How many times do you intend to create this same thread over and over again?

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

One thats how many I made

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

$4000 in 60 days. 400 in last 30. If youve got that much spare time you can add them up

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

I can't believe people come in here and complain either lol

Message 15 of 40
latest reply