cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback

I just had a buyer leave me terrible negative feedback and Ebay sided with the buyer.  If anyone knows a phone number to contact Ebay and speak with a real person, I would appreciate it.  They absolutely need to hear the whole story.  Also, why aren't we allowed to leave negative feedback to buyers?  It seems Ebay doesn't care about us sellers, but with no sellers there are no buyers.  Ive been a seller for over twenty years, and always have gotten positive feedback.  Please help1

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Negative Feedback

twenty years and always positive   well lucky u i guess  u were due 1 after 20 yrs  nobody will always be  perfect  so  never asume you wont get one again hope in another 20  yrs and will see you here  again  good luck always  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Negative Feedback

On what basis do you think this feedback should be removed?

I don't like it is not a sufficient reason.

Sellers are not allowed to leave negative feedback for buyers for one very simple reason, they demonstrated over and over again that they could not handle the responsibility.

eBay could easily afford to shed millions of sellers, there is no site out there that values sellers over buyers.

You say you have always received positive feedback but that is not true, you have a previous one from a few months ago and on that one you say that you gave the buyer a refund that was a "win" for the buyer, accurately describing the item and having a happy buyer would be a win, making the buyer return the item is definitely not a "win" for the buyer.

Message 2 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@suzyq14 

I don't see anything in that feedback that would give it grounds for removal. 

The buyer was unhappy with the item, accuracy of the listing and your attitude. So she/he left what they deemed appropriate feedback.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

twenty years and always positive   well lucky u i guess  u were due 1 after 20 yrs  nobody will always be  perfect  so  never asume you wont get one again hope in another 20  yrs and will see you here  again  good luck always  

Message 4 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@suzyq14 

Sorry for your frustration.  eBay hasn't had a phone number in many years.  I don't think that what the buyer posted in your behalf would be removed.  That's not what customer service does on this site.  The buyer was unhappy with their purchase, so they left feedback concerning the transaction.  You acted professionally, so I don't think this will harm or hurt your standing as a good eBay seller.  Just be more observant in the future, especially if you are selling breakable items.  Hang in there.

Happy Selling

Message 5 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

Avoid the phones.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

(One of which is they call you.)
The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

BTW- What value does Private Listing have for you?  Without that, future buyers could look at the disputed listing and see whether the buyer was being insanely picky or was right. With Private Listing, you seem to be hiding something.
Private Listings, in my opinion, are for selling something that the buyer would be embarrassed to see on their FB page.

Message 6 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@reallynicestamps wrote:

BTW- What value does Private Listing have for you?  Without that, future buyers could look at the disputed listing and see whether the buyer was being insanely picky or was right. With Private Listing, you seem to be hiding something.
Private Listings, in my opinion, are for selling something that the buyer would be embarrassed to see on their FB page. 

OMG! Thank you @reallynicestamps for bringing that up! I meant to come back and comment. 

Because it's a recent listing and the buyer's feedback made reference to "hockey," I was able to find and look at the listing. I see that the damage to the box was described but the other problems the buyer mentioned are NOT disclosed. 

IMO, were this a public listing in which future buyers could look at the listing and see how it was described and photographed, it could have helped the seller. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 7 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

you can also go to Help & Contact (top of page) than click on Requests to Remove Defects..might be able to pleas your case there..i used that (they will call you option) for totally unrelated matter but when i finally got a USA rep they were pretty good

Message 8 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@blotto-half wrote:

you can also go to Help & Contact (top of page) than click on Requests to Remove Defects..might be able to pleas your case there

There is no "defect" related to Feedback.

Message 9 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

Yes, but the tool to remove feedback is for both defects and feedback which is tool they were trying to share with the person.

Message 10 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

Thank you for the encouraging words.

Message 11 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

the buyer was not made to return and got to keep item

Message 12 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@suzyq14 

You might want to reconsider appealing to get the feedback left by the buyer removed. They're apt to look at several of your other feedbacks left for buyers. 

Are you aware that sellers can only leave positive feedback comments for their buyers? 

albertabrightalberta

Message 13 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

Interesting.

Abuses the feedback system and then complains about feedback. 🤦‍

Message 14 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

Unfortunately, eBay doesn't care about 'the whole story' - this is a huge site with tens of millions using it and they have simple, strict rules about feedback because to deal with everyone's 'stories' would take massive overhead. It's the price we pay for cheap access to an international market.

The best thing is a reasoned and professional response - you were very reasonable with your other single neg, showing anyone that you stand behind what you sell.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 68
latest reply