cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Category Suggestions.

I've been trying to draw attention to the changes needed in the Collectibles-Militaria category for some time now to no avail.  Nobody seems to care enough to back me up on my singular idea here on the boards so I thought I'd try a new approach to the subject to maybe get ebay's attention.

I'm asking about ANY category updates that you think ebay should consider.

Under Militaria they desperately need to update it with "Operation Iraqi Freedom" and "Operation Enduring Freedom" categories respectively.  It's time.  That "Current Militaria" category is too big and contains a lot of items that would not be considered "current" anymore...  The amount of uniform changes alone since 1991 is proof enough of that.

So if any of you also have ideas for category updates please share them here.  Perhaps if we can get this thread to be popular enough someone who actually works for ebay might read it and pass these suggestions along...  A "Fall Update" with such changes added would be nice in contrast to changing our shipping or listing pages for the 100th time.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @movieman630 . I suggest emailing your suggestions to sdsupport@ebay.com  and include the full category path where you want new subcategories added. Specify it's a request for the .com site.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The threads aren't likely the best way to get Ebay's attention to this matter.  I might suggest you try making sure you attend Seller Meetings when possible.  They are virtual, so you can attend from most anywhere.  There are also some more localized meetings for sellers where you can share your ideas.

I wish you good luck in your efforts.

https://sellerevents.ebay.com/

https://sellerevents.ebay.com/events/#/list

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Military? Even a Barbie doll has no category. It is a 'doll and playset, whatever a playset is. There really are no categories anymore. I used to be able to search noritake, but now everything is a dish. It's been like this for years and never likely to return to normal. Complaints about ebay search and ease of finding things is common. And every item gets pushed to the bottom to be to be replaced  by sponsored items. It's not easy to navigate ebay anymore.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi @movieman630 . I suggest emailing your suggestions to sdsupport@ebay.com  and include the full category path where you want new subcategories added. Specify it's a request for the .com site.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yep.

They're more likely to delete sub categories than add them these days.

On of their worst decisions imho - especially in collectibles, toys & seasonal.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yeah deleting categories when promoting listings which could hypothetically DOUBLE the number of listings in search results is really not the way to go. 

Many categories are over-saturated and need more filtering.  "Item specifics" are not the way to filter them. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply