cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not being able to send offers on BIN listings with quantity options!

I had briefly touched on this in another thread where the main discussion revolved around recent changes to requiring payment and how it affected buyers from combining orders.

But this is a bit of a different problem, but nonetheless its a problem that NEEDS addressed.

So, what is this problem?

If you go to a BIN listing that have a quantity of all the same item (not a variation listing), and they are listed for say 50 bucks.  You want to send an offer that's let's say 35 if you buy 2 of them, or maybe 30 if you buy 3 of them, that sort of offer.

YOU CAN'T DO THAT.

But the buyer can make an offer AND they can choose a quantity!  Why can't the seller have that option??  Here are some screen shots of one of my items from both sides of the fence:

Screenshot 2024-02-24 222114.png

^ Mine

v Theirs

Screenshot 2024-02-24 222229.png

So yeah.  I cannot send out a quantity special price if I want to. So I have not been sending anymore offers, since you are also unable to do this with the automatic sending feature!

Ugh.  This really needs to be changed so sellers can send out a quantity discount offer if they choose!

Anyway, just my thoughts.  😄

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I don't do offers, but could it have anything to do with you already offer 20% off if they buy more?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Because you have a 'sale' on 'save 20% if you buy more' (which in of itself doesn't make much sense since...what is MORE??) 

Anyway- stop worrying about 'sending offers'. 

List your items- buy it now and be done- ESPECIALLY if you ALREADY have a 'sale' on 'multiple' purchases. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

I don't do offers, but could it have anything to do with you already offer 20% off if they buy more?

Not sure.  I mean the buyer doesn't have that road block, so why would mine?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Because you have a 'sale' on 'save 20% if you buy more' (which in of itself doesn't make much sense since...what is MORE??) 

Anyway- stop worrying about 'sending offers'. 

List your items- buy it now and be done- ESPECIALLY if you ALREADY have a 'sale' on 'multiple' purchases. 

Tell you what.  I will list and conduct my listings how I want.  If I want to offer a deal beyond what is available occasionally, that is MY choice.

I wasn't asking for someone to tell me how I should be doing things in their view.  I was simply asking why a particular feature didn't seem to function evenly across the platform.   Your reply was a bit...  Snarky.  And the first part of my reply to you probably was the same.   But thanks for your input.  😄

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You can definitely send offers specifying they buy a certain quantity if you're sending the offer to a particular buyer. I've done it a lot with people when we have agreed to a bulk discount. It doesn't really make sense to send multi quantity offers to potential buyers you haven't spoken about it beforehand (so you know how many they actually want). It makes sense that a buyer can specifically tell you how many they're willing to buy so you will lower the price for them.

I don't even have offers available on my listings I just price them the lowest I'm willing to take based on comps, unless they're willing to buy a over 5 ( more than my volume discount covers).

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@sapphire_studio wrote:

You can definitely send offers specifying they buy a certain quantity if you're sending the offer to a particular buyer. I've done it a lot with people when we have agreed to a bulk discount. It doesn't really make sense to send multi quantity offers to potential buyers you haven't spoken about it beforehand (so you know how many they actually want). It makes sense that a buyer can specifically tell you how many they're willing to buy so you will lower the price for them.

I don't even have offers available on my listings I just price them the lowest I'm willing to take based on comps, unless they're willing to buy a over 5 ( more than my volume discount covers).

I had a sale couple days ago and a buyer cleaned out my stock of discounted HDDs that worked, but all had one issue or another.  30 laptop HDDs, gone for one price. (I was selling them in 5 drive packs)  I wasn't worried about making anything on them, to me they were ready for recycling.  Nice deal.  So yeah, I know I can do that sort of thing.

At least your reply made a bit more sense with regards to which side of the fence the offer is coming from.  I'm still unsure as to why it works only from the buyer side though.  But maybe it was by design.  Who knows.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply