cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller FB revision requests limited to 5 - this is news to me.

I have been here 24 years and wasn't aware of the limited number(5) of FB revisions in a year. I couldn't find it in any policy section, but possibly missed it.  This is what I was told by a CS person, although she did mention large sellers are allowed 10. She also mentioned the seller could request more. CS could not site where I could confirm this piece of info.  Strange policy in my opinion. Does anyone else have the scoop on the above?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

To clarify: feedback removal (as stated) or feedback revision?

Feedback removal policy in terms of number are unpublished. There was some shakeup last fall where they stopped granting removals to sellers with concierge service and numbers came to light at that time for concierge members.

The reason I ask FB removal or FB revision is because the numbers the rep provided seem more in line with FB revision.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/replying-feedback-received-item-sold?id=41...

You can only request a revision for feedback that is less than 30 days old. You can make 5 feedback revision requests per calendar year.

For every 1,000 feedback ratings you receive during the year, you can make 5 additional feedback revision requests. However, these additional feedback revision requests don’t carry over into the following year.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I think you get 1 per 1,000 sales.

Imho they should be cumulative but they're not.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

To clarify: feedback removal (as stated) or feedback revision?

Feedback removal policy in terms of number are unpublished. There was some shakeup last fall where they stopped granting removals to sellers with concierge service and numbers came to light at that time for concierge members.

The reason I ask FB removal or FB revision is because the numbers the rep provided seem more in line with FB revision.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/replying-feedback-received-item-sold?id=41...

You can only request a revision for feedback that is less than 30 days old. You can make 5 feedback revision requests per calendar year.

For every 1,000 feedback ratings you receive during the year, you can make 5 additional feedback revision requests. However, these additional feedback revision requests don’t carry over into the following year.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Oh, my bad. Yes, feedback revision.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@oldwestgold wrote:

Oh, my bad. Yes, feedback revision.

Thanks for clarifying. In that case, my above post has the policy info. The numbers have not changed any time in recent past.

Additional note: as a seller looking at your own FB page (while logged in) you can see how many FB revision requests you have left. If you're logged out you will instead see number of lifetime revisions buyers made in that same field.

That change happened May 2021:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Feedback-Revision-Request-Change/m-p/31919870

GLORIOUS!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I also want to clarify any confusion that the limit is the number of requests you can send out and not successful revisions. This means that if your limit is 5 and you send out 5 revision requests and each buyer ends up ignoring those requests and don’t revise the feedback, you’re done. Until you get 1,000 more feedbacks, you aren’t able to send out revision requests until the next year.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply