cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Rolex watch internationally

Is it something I should or should not do? 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

As long as it goes through authentication.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@utahgetmetwo wrote:

If you are asking that question, then it sounds like you have reservations.

The moto is, "Don't sell anything you aren't willing to lose". 
If you do decide to sell it, beware of messages telling you to send the item to a different location. Those are usually scammers attempting to steal the item. Never ship to an address other than what is in the order details to maintain your seller protection. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Do you realize that "anyone" can reverse credit card payment AFTER they receive your item?   There are many scammers on EBAY who are looking for "high value items" (that they can resell).   EBAY will NOT protect you if you get scammed.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

It depends on a number of factors the first being your risk tolerance. You can be scammed as easily with a domestic sale as you can with an international one. The authentication programs provide some seller protection if the watch qualifies. Also if the item qualifies for the eBay International Shipping (EIS) program the seller risk is virtually 0. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

No. So many things that can go wrong. Delays resulting in INR. Buyers balking at high customs fees. Theft by Post Offices. Buyer filing claim item is counterfeit. You will open yourself up to scammers.

I would even advice you to think long and hard about selling here on eBay. USA. Empty box scam comes to mind. I am sure many Rolex sales here on eBay go off without a hitch but if I sold Rolex watches I would hold my breath until they were delivered and hear nothing from my buyer. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I have been selling on Ebay for 19 years. I would recommend selling to a local jeweler. You have a really good chance at getting scammed selling a Rolex on Ebay or any online platform. Don't do it. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@slyders_finds wrote:

I have been selling on Ebay for 19 years. I would recommend selling to a local jeweler. You have a really good chance at getting scammed selling a Rolex on Ebay or any online platform. Don't do it. 

Yep, solid advice by @slyders_finds 

Sell locally for cash.

Posting ID
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I sold here for over 20 years with thousands of successful transactions, but I would never even consider selling something like that here.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I would not.  Too much risk of being scammed.  Bottom line, never sell an item you can't afford to lose.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@utahgetmetwo wrote:

Many on here are advising you not to sell on eBay ... and there is risk.  It is my understanding that most all of the scams are eliminated if you use eBay authentication.  Specifically, assuming you don't accept returns, all of the Money Back Guarantee and shipping scams won't work.

However, there still is risk with a Credit Card charge-back (e.g., someone stole a credit card).  So you wouldn't be fully protected.

(I've never used authentication, but that's my understanding, so anyone may feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@utahgetmetwo 

No....never sell anything you can't afford to lose.  Sell it locally or to a pawn dealer or jewelry store. You'll get paid in cash.  

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I want to join the chorus warning against selling this watch on Ebay.

And wish to support @dbfolks166mt opinion that an International Sale through EIS is the safest Ebay sale you could make if this big ticket item qualifies.

Easily fenced, this item is far too risky for online sales.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

As long as it goes through authentication.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply