cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Sales Tax

I know Ebay collects sales tax on your behalf from other states, but do they also collect and submit sales tax from your own state?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

State Sales Tax

I'm in CA and yes eBay does

There are a few states that are not on board with online tax remittance  

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/tax-information.html

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

State Sales Tax

Yes

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

State Sales Tax

Yes, they collect from all States that require it.  Only a few now that are exempt.  Florida was added 7/1 to start collecting.   My FL orders have slowed since then.  Used to get 1-2. Per day from FL.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

State Sales Tax

They collect tax from your own state if someone from your state makes a purchase and IF that state requires that marketplaces collect taxes.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

State Sales Tax

The state sales tax that eBay collects from buyers in about 43 states is calculated on the basis of the laws of the state where the buyer's purchase is delivered.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

State Sales Tax

@atticrats-5277 wrote:

I know Ebay collects sales tax on your behalf from other states, but do they also collect and submit sales tax from your own state?

If your state has a marketplace facilitator law that applies to companies like eBay, then yes, eBay collects the tax for sales within your state.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply