cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ongoing shopping cart saga

So after extensive hours on the phone with ebay over proving how their shopping cart does not work and will not let buyer request combined shipping and one explanation from ebay was "offering discounts" where say if a buyer makes and offer on and item and if he purchases any other items the buyers according to ebay "is not allowed more than one discount" LOL  as ebay considers a make offer 1 discount, and combine shipping another discount which they do not allow(yet no one so far has provide why)(I disagree with it regardless for a couple reasons) a: what difference does it make at what the item ends up selling for? b: it hinders and drives away sales due to grossly overcharging shipping..so yesterday I had a buyer make an offer on 2 items which I accepted, so I immediately went to the seller hub saw his 2 items hit the send an invoice button and presto just like old times both items showed up with tic boxes as they used to and I correctly figured combined shipping and sent the invoice to they buyer and he paid it......looks like 2 discounts to me as ebay defined!!!  so ebay care to explain that one?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@quicksilverdiecast wrote:

so ebay care to explain that one?

If you are asking the telephone Customer Support people you are totally wasting your time. They will have little to no idea what you are talking about and zero power to make any changes.

If you sign up for the next upcoming Ebay live event (whenever that might be) you will at least have an opportunity to confront one or more higher-level execs in person. Sometimes that can help with having them understand a complicated topic.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The mobile app does not have an option to request combined shipping. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

The mobile app does not have an option to request combined shipping. 

Does the mobile app have the ability to receive a combined shipping request?

Not being sarcastic here: in my buying account I sent the seller a request for a combined shipping total yesterday through the proper channels (I use the desktop view for buying so the option to request was right there on screen) but I have heard absolutely nothing from the seller in reply. I was copied by eBay on the combined shipping request so I know it went to the seller. (It's for two lightweight items barely 2 ounces each.)

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It cannot send an invoice for combined shipping.  The request just comes through messages, which do show up, but you cannot send the invoice within the app unless it's changed since I last tried.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply