cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tons of buyers not paying all of a sudden.

Not sure if its spring break or easter or something else.

I've been selling since late January, with 80 or so sales. I've only had two non payments in the past,  but I suddenly have seven, and I can cancel five of those for nonpayment.

I want to give buyers the benefit of the doubt, and I am close to my 250 free items per month to list... 

Anyone else having this happen?

Do you think I should just relist or wait a few days until next week, incase they are on spring break?

TY

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

How much does a seller make on items selling at 99 cents or $1.50?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I sell a few higher-end, It is not all items under 2 bucks.  The buyer pays for shipping, and a dollar handling on each transaction, so how much -- I work from home full time and can walk 4 feet to the mailbox at my door and make a buck minimum several times a day. 

I make an easy dollar sale on the low-end items.  my average of all sales is about $15 per item.    The 7  non paid items total about $80. 

Don't mock the .99 cent sales,  if doe right it really is easy money.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Totally agree...a .99 cent sales can turn into a "repeat buyer" also who might buy higher end or multiple items.

I seem to make some money during .99 cent sales with "free shipping".

And I drive my motorcycle 6 blocks to the post office where weather is usually always perfect where I live.

You don't want to lose buyers looking...need to always have something available to buy or bid on in auctions.

Never let your site go blank...list.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Was not mocking anything.  Just curious if you were aware of how much you are making (or not).

If you are satisfied with your business plan, then that's really all that counts.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I've never had a buyer not pay me immediately.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

This is the sad reality of working with auctions, people often disappear and never pay. You could just use buy it now and require immediate payment, problem solved.

Almost every auction I ever ran ended with the buyers never paying. I'm not against using auctions, but sellers should be aware of what the implications are.

Besides deadbeat buyers, some just live busy lives, and often forget they bid on something a couple of days ago.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

No more bids most of your items are getting, I'd ditch auctions.

List as a fixed price with immediate payment required and you won't have to worry about buyers not paying.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 8
latest reply