cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS ATLANTA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

There is a huge issue at the Atlanta USPS Distribution Center.  There has been no movement on my last 3 orders.  I spoke with a representative and, as they are saying on the news, expect to experience long delays. It may be weeks before this is resolved.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Oh wow! From the article:

"USPS Inspector General Tammy Whitcomb Hull told lawmakers that after USPS launched its Regional Processing and Distribution Center in Richmond last July, the facility saw a 700% increase in extra trips between facilities to deliver mail and packages."

Atlanta is getting one of those "Regional Processing and Distribution Centers" right now.  

Houston got one too starting around Nov/Dec 2023, and USPS ordered a new sorting machine for it that did not fit inside the building. Sorting was done by hand for months.

Also in Houston, back in January or February, a local news station sent 2 pkgs armed with AirTags in them, to sister stations. The first night, the pkgs went back and forth between two facilities in the Houston area. 

Every region in the country is going to be injected with this new "Delivering for America" efficiency.

Maybe by next summer all the wrinkles will be ironed out, but I'm not holding my breath. Not in a hurry to add new listings either.

And before anyone says to "just" use FedEx or UPS - I'm rural and it's not practical for lightweight items. (Including waiting days for a pick up - which is the norm out here. The county commissioner & state troopers don't call it 'no man's land' for nothing.)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay posted an announcement about USPS slow downs several days ago. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/USPS-slow-downs-and-recent-weather-delays/ba-p/34399147 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Although eBay mentions this in their latest post to sellers...perhaps all buyers should also get this post....in an email to their eBay emails.

This doesn't help sellers who are trying to get "positive feedback" and "repeat buyers"....and have to deal with refunds due to delays in shipping delays.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Just read a news article on the senate grilling of DeJoy over this. I've had several buyers contact me in the last week wondering where their package is. If eBay is contracted with USPS, who then is responsible for INR's and refunds?  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Oh wow! From the article:

"USPS Inspector General Tammy Whitcomb Hull told lawmakers that after USPS launched its Regional Processing and Distribution Center in Richmond last July, the facility saw a 700% increase in extra trips between facilities to deliver mail and packages."

Atlanta is getting one of those "Regional Processing and Distribution Centers" right now.  

Houston got one too starting around Nov/Dec 2023, and USPS ordered a new sorting machine for it that did not fit inside the building. Sorting was done by hand for months.

Also in Houston, back in January or February, a local news station sent 2 pkgs armed with AirTags in them, to sister stations. The first night, the pkgs went back and forth between two facilities in the Houston area. 

Every region in the country is going to be injected with this new "Delivering for America" efficiency.

Maybe by next summer all the wrinkles will be ironed out, but I'm not holding my breath. Not in a hurry to add new listings either.

And before anyone says to "just" use FedEx or UPS - I'm rural and it's not practical for lightweight items. (Including waiting days for a pick up - which is the norm out here. The county commissioner & state troopers don't call it 'no man's land' for nothing.)

Message 6 of 6
latest reply