cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeRO for using our own photos, what are we doing wrong?!?!

Hello everyone,

Have had a couple VeROs listing Delta plumbing faucets an the like. Stopped using the stock photos even though eBay provides them when listing (so frustrating!). Trying our best to follow the rules, most other companies don’t seem to care but whatever.  Only using our own photos when listing Delta and still got a VeRO!!! Attaching a screenshot of a listing, does anyone know what we are doing wrong?  18547947-D7A5-4EB7-B194-409E8C97C22C.jpeg

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Delta doesn't want you selling their products if they take them down do not relist them. 

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

Did the VERO notification give you a way to appeal with Delta? Companies are using AI Bots nowadays & its very possible that the AI Bot erroneously flagged you for using unauthorized photos in the listing.

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

Then it should be a restricted brand, otherwise eBay should stop them from harassing sellers. 

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

Thank you for the recommendation and yes they did, the contact email is completely unresponsive. 

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

It's not always the image, it may be the product, you state it's new, they may allow used ones, look at their policy for reselling their items.

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

Take out the word Delta

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

So the bot/AI can’t find the listing?

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

@smaffet wrote:

Thank you for the recommendation and yes they did, the contact email is completely unresponsive. 

slippinjimmy_0-1710804511308.png

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/ebay-for-business/verified-rights-owner-program#m17-1-tb2

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

Thanks for this!!!

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

@smaffet 

This is what i found on the Delta Faucet website Terms of Use and Intellectual Property 

So you need to get permission in writing to be able to sell Delta products.

IMG_1405.jpeg

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

Thank you for this!  going to do some reading and research. 

Still don’t understand though. Because a company says they don’t want you to sell something doesn’t make it binding. Almost nothing could be sold on eBay if this were true. What stops Apple from saying no more selling iPhones?  When I buy something I have the right to do what I want with it, this is true for iPhones, faucets, or even a car.  I can sell my phone, use it, or even destroy it.  

Not sure how this all works but am thankful for your kind reply. 

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

Apple does take down listings for counterfeit products. Especially ear buds or whatever they are called. 
You're welcome. Anytime you have questions we are always here to help.

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

@smaffet wrote:

Thank you for this!  going to do some reading and research. 

Still don’t understand though. Because a company says they don’t want you to sell something doesn’t make it binding. Almost nothing could be sold on eBay if this were true. What stops Apple from saying no more selling iPhones?  When I buy something I have the right to do what I want with it, this is true for iPhones, faucets, or even a car.  I can sell my phone, use it, or even destroy it.  

Not sure how this all works but am thankful for your kind reply. 

You are right in regards to that it isn't binding.

We aren't talking about legality of actually selling the item.

However, eBay a private business has created agreements with brands with their vero program and regardless that you are completely in your rights to sell you aren't within your rights to sell on eBay.

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

Very good point and I understand that companies don’t want their products compromised by counterfeits. Our products are authentic and they know it. eBay allows the harassment and bullying of sellers when the products are easily seen to be authentic. They shouldn’t be able to make unfounded claims with no proof or consequences.

eBay takes our fees, they should safeguard sellers for this type of behavior. We already have buyers steal, defraud, and defame sellers and we can’t even leave buyer feedback. 

Sorry about venting.  It is frustrating when you check the restricted brands, follow the rules, provide good customer service and value and then get the rug pulled out from under you by your “partner”.

Message 15 of 40
latest reply