cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did eBay take everything from me, despite my attempts to resolve the dispute?

An unpleasant story happened to me; 3 non-working Nokia N91s were sold, but after receiving the buyer from
India has created a dispute about the missing parts within. We couldn't come to an agreement with the buyer and asked eBay to intervene. eBay took the buyer's side and asked me to return the money. I agreed to a refund, but the buyer ignored my desire to return the money. Today, after 3 attempts to contact the seller and 4 calls to support, eBay took my money and product and left me negative feedback. Please explain to me what I did wrong, Ebay accuses me of not allowing the buyer to return the goods within the stated time frame, although I tried to do this with all my might.

Event time map:

February 12 - the product was sold as not working, without claims or returns.
March 6 - the goods are received by the buyer.
March 7 - the buyer created a dispute demanding the return of the missing parts.
March 7 - my answer, the product was sold for spare parts, without claims or returns.
March 8 - buyer left negative feedback.
March 8 - wrote to the support service, they assured me that everything was fine, the buyer was not attentive and the decision would be fair.
March 12 - involving eBay in resolving the dispute.
March 13 - eBay takes the buyer’s side, demanding a refund within 4 days.
March 13 - I write to the buyer agreeing to return the money, and also ask him to cancel the negative review. The buyer ignores.
March 13 - I write in support of eBay, asking how to create a label, I receive bad advice because private individuals in Ukraine cannot work with FedEx.
March 13 - I write to the buyer, asking him to specify the postal company near him to create a label, or asking him to create it himself, I will pay. The buyer ignores.
March 14 - I write to the buyer asking him to respond to my messages. The buyer ignores.
March 15 - I write to support with concern about ignoring my attempts to return the money, I clarify whether I need to spend money on the label if the buyer ignores me, I receive an answer - wait for an answer from the buyer.
March 17 - I write to support again with concern about ignoring my attempts to return the money, they write that they will contact the buyer.
March 19 - I write to support with concern about ignoring my attempts to return the money, I ask you to close the dispute and return my money to me.
March 23 - I receive a response from eBay, my money and goods remain with the seller.
March 23 - repeated appeal, refusal by eBay because I did not allow the buyer to return the goods within the prescribed period.

Please explain to me what is happening???

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Why did eBay take everything from me, despite my attempts to resolve the dispute?

Confirmation of my words:(I’m also ready to add the text of the correspondence with the support service, just tell me how)

1.jpg4.jpg

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

You wrote to the buyer rather than responding to the case. Because of that, Ebay had to step in, when that happens, they always decide in favor of the buyer.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

But I responded to the case, every time

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

I am Ukrainian and I have to tell you...I do block a few countries I "sell" to ...without going into detail...LOL.

A buyer I believe cannot use the word "scam" in feedback. I would call and call until I get the right customer service agent to help to delete that feedback.

No returns does not mean no returns "in a time frame".

This is where buyer keeps item(s) and eBay refunds buyer.

Immediately block this buyer from future purchases.

Do the "buyer pays for returns" on items for sale...just a thought.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@dimach_68 wrote:

1.jpg 

When you select "Seller does not accept returns" that means you don't want the item back, even though that's not its actual meaning. And you emphasized that by adding "no returns, no claims" in your notes.

So that's what happened, as you wanted: No return. You should consider allowing returns, so this will be less likely to happen again.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Doesnt sound like it, you said you wrote the buyer about the return label price.And again, when Ebay has to step into a case, like they did on this one,they always rule in favor of the buyer. Check your dashboard to see if you also got a defect for that.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

You have to accept INAD returns no matter what.

I don't care what you write in your listing, what category you put it in, and what you put for your return policy.

Return policy options are for buyers remorse ONLY. Everything else falls under eBay's MBG. The only time a return policy involves more is if you offer 60 day returns.

The way YOU handled this was all wrong.

This is how buyers get free items, by not doing this correctly.

What I would recommend is turning OFF direct international shipping and turn ON EIS ( eBay international shipping). No returns for you once it ships internationally, eBay will pay it, and you keep your money.

Removes the headache of international returns.

So basically you did this wrong. You circled a lot of stuff but you didn't circle the one that's below 'eBay Money Back Guarantee' That's clearly in the pictures.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Sorry that this happened to you.   I think your customer was ridiculous to complaint about "as is" item.

However, EBAY Money Back Guarantee (supersedes "no returns" policy) and allows customers to lie and get refund by claiming "not as described, defective, counterfeit, missing parts".   You will be forced to refund (purchase price + shipping BOTH ways).  EBAY does NOT require the customer to prove any claims.

When customer opens a "claim" you have only a few days to approve claim and this will allow CUSTOMER to PRINT LABEL (at your expense).    If you miss that deadline EBAY will automatically refund their money and allow them to "keep your item".   

EBAY policies always provide the customer (even if their are scammers).

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

What I would recommend is turning OFF direct international shipping and turn ON EIS ( eBay international shipping). No returns for you once it ships internationally, eBay will pay it, and you keep your money.

Removes the headache of international returns.

@dimach_68 is based in the Ukraine.  Currently, eBay International Shipping is only available to US sellers selling on the .com site.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

We're on the .com site, assumed it was domestic, didn't check profile, my bad.

International 'for parts' with eBay MBG sounds like not a smart move.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I wrote to the support service again, they promised me that the negative review would be deleted within 48 hours, at least that’s good. It's a pity I just lost more than $200 on this deal(

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Why didn't you just have the buyer return the item for a refund? I'm sorry you had to deal with all this.

You are experiencing the way Ebay works nowadays

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I tried to negotiate with the buyer, but he did not want a refund, but some internal parts that I do not have. I then specifically wrote to support, and they promised me that if I involved eBay in resolving the dispute, the decision would be fair for both of us. And after I attracted Ebay, the buyer simply ignored me, without giving me the opportunity to return the goods and money to me.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

As has been explained to you over and over again, once you ask Ebay to step in, you are regarded as a nonperforming seller who couldnt resolve your case, and when that happens, Ebay will always  decide in favor of the buyer with a refund, and not having to return the item. Did you check your dashboard to see if you received a defect for not resolving the case? Because thats usually what happens.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply