cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working around ebays poor 2nd description

at one time when you added a 2nd description you were able to adjust the font to match or create a larger/bolder font to get the attention of the buyer. this proved beneficial when you needed to update an item with a bid since the content or main description would be locked.

ebay changed that ability some time ago leaving sellers with the smallest of fonts that could easily be left unseen.

i found the work around provided you have not used all 24 photos is to add a captioned photo like thisLoretoProvesCorrect.com(1).jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Uhm... you might want to check eBay's photo policies ... Here

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I just "copy and paste" a larger text from another spot (perhaps another listing, or most anywhere. even from here on the boards) and then do what I need to do. I can edit the paste.

Also works for selecting the bold/attention grabbing colors that are no longer available.

"co please see all pics before purchase ste"

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'm not sure I understand your issue.  In your listing set up do you see this?

45.jpg

You can choose your font size and style.  Now colors are limited, but there still are some.  I have colors in all my listings on certain words.  I try not to use Red or Yellow as they don't always present very well to buyers.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I think it's a good idea. Most of the photo restrictions are not enforced. For instance, in the C&A category, it's very frequent to put the size charts for a certain brand in one of the photo slots. I use text in photos to highlight issues or for further descriptions.

The text is pertaining to the item being listed. I think the stricture is to give some kind of legal fall-back to sanction people with spurious advertisement, etc.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 5
latest reply