cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it okay to sell videos ( normal videos not adult content ) on eBay?

is it okay to sell videos on eBay?

to list a video thumbnail and describe video content and post listing for let's say $1 or $2?

when someone buys it i have the video uploaded to a unique link to download it i send them link through eBay messages same as people who sell video games codes and so on in eBay messages is that ok?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@dakbat-61 

Digital delivery items are NOT permitted (with some exceptions, none of which would apply)

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/electronically-delivered-items-policy...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

No, I don't think that is allowed. You can sell a commercially made vhs tape, dvd, or ,blu ray, but not a download.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

@dakbat-61 

Digital delivery items are NOT permitted (with some exceptions, none of which would apply)

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/electronically-delivered-items-policy...

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Not a good plan for a long and successful selling career here.  Find something you can sell and actually ship out yourself.

Good Luck.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@dakbat-61 

Are these videos that you've made yourself or that you own distribution rights to? Copying and selling copyrighted media (i.e. movies, music, books, etc.) is a federal crime.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

where is copyright here
i am selling link to it
i am selling a link to download it from unique anonymous files sharing sites
and also just a link to a YouTube video i am just selling access to a video which people may haven't seen 
you understand my point?

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@dakbat-61 

If you are not the copyright owner of the film, you are legally not allowed to sell a download of the film, no matter what the "anonymous files sharing site" might be -- which also sounds to be an illegal enterprise.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

What you're describing @dakbat-61 will make your ebay career very short! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

why? 
Does eBay punish people here for their intentions?

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

If they are trying to scam, yes, they do.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Sounds like you're getting advice you don't want to hear... go ahead, sell your download pirated 'anonymous sharing files site' videos.  See how long it takes before ebay turns your account into toast.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@dakbat-61 

"why? 
Does eBay punish people here for their intentions?"

The short answer is "Yes."

Selling pirated movies is a violation of Federal law -- eBay wants no part in assisting you to commit felonies, as eBay could also be sued for collaboration in the commission of a crime.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Why do you choose to misunderstand what is being told to you? You do the same thing in your other thread... at any rate, what you're doing is a criminal act and people have gone to jail for it or were heavily fined. Nothing else matters but it's AGAINST THE LAW. @dakbat-61  

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

nouvbei-0   Is this the id you started today with three new posts in here to illegally download movies from another site?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Click on the link the slippinjimmy posted. It will take you directly to the eBay policy that explains that your hoped for sale is not permitted.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply