cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"One of your listings has a policy violation" -- How do we locate it?

Under the eBay Seller Hub > Listings > Active:

There is a red banner displaying the text:

"One of your listings has a policy violation."

We have ~23,000 listings, how do we go about rooting out the listing which is supposedly in violation? Nothing in our eBay Messages, can't find any sort of filter to find it.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I found this tool to check for links, phone numbers, emails etc.

@shipscript might have a tool as well.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active/contact-info?euid=170fe44bc2c0a9cb9ef3ef26ffffa218&bu=43164855419...

Posting ID
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I found mine in an email from eBay. 

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You may also have a message in your messages area.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

This sounds like someone reported the listing.  eBay has been known to tell you one item has violated policy but you might have more of the same type of item that hasn't  been reported,  and maybe won't  ever get reported.

I have no idea what item it was. Sometines the item is allowed but the type of shipping isn't. 

An example would be paint in aerosol cans are allowed in domestic mail only. Flammable products are not allowed in the International mail so shipping paint worldwide could violate policy. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Exactly this! I've had several removed that were not violating any policy, but apparently ebay doesn't have any humans reviewing this. Really thinking about going elsewhere.  😞

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

It could have been a disappointed buyer (negative feedback)....and buyer actually went through all items for sale to report an item. 23,000 is a lot of items to go through...are you drop shipping? multiple items will show up and that might get reported by a buyer or something. Sometimes its best to list only one of everything.

"International returns not permitted"...are sellers allowed to say that in an item for sale? Just a thought.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Were you able by any chance figure out how to find those listings? I have 8000+ and 4 just appeared as policy violation

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You have to call to find out, it is the only way and it is very time consuming as overseas customer support is not good. It would be nice if they told you what items were in violation vs. a red banner with click here for more info link which brings you to an article. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

When I get that message, eBay has already ended/deleted the listing.  And there's no way to figure out what it was.  (but, WAS is the key word here.....Listing is already gone, so not much to worry about as far as finding it and ending it yourself)

Message 10 of 10
latest reply